Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post
I like paypal too but need something to keep track of customers at the same time. That's why I was thinking of quickbooks.

You say you can use paypal through quickbnooks? Does that involve some techy stuff? I know your web guy said it's easy but how bout for the lay person. I do my own websites so maybe I can figure it out.

Thanks!
Try Reliabills. You can set up a trial account to see what it is like. It is easy to use and does keep track of customers. I don't really like Paypal. If there is ever a dispute, they lock your money up and it just becomes a pain.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylMD View Post
The Quickbooks Online Payments were actually very easy to set up. A quick questionaire where you fill in your bank info, a day or so later, an email letting you know you're good to go. The Quickbooks actually assigns the LINK to each individual invoice. If a customer receives online billing, they just click the link. If they receive a printed invoice - their own link is there, just type it into the search bar online, and the rest is up to them.

My customers that are using it are "older" people, so it must be easy enough!
Quite the interesting feature! We never thought of adding a link in our emailed invoices for payment by the customer. We focused on the the POS transaction with the swiper first. Definitely adding this to our system! Going to be a great feature add on in the summer. Thanks for the epiphany guys!
Office: 800-647-1951
Locqus - Free Field Service Management
Proud owner of Shamrock Landscaping LLC
Old 01-25-2014, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post
I like paypal too but need something to keep track of customers at the same time. That's why I was thinking of quickbooks.

You say you can use paypal through quickbnooks? Does that involve some techy stuff? I know your web guy said it's easy but how bout for the lay person. I do my own websites so maybe I can figure it out.

Thanks!

For expenses, it works just like a linked bank or credit card account. You just enter your account info and password in the account set-up and done The transactions show up and you categorize and clear them just like a credit card.

For payments, I can't say as we're currently still using our routing/lawncare software for processing payments per Customer. That will change when we switch to ServiceCEO later this year. They tell me that it will be pretty much seamless, but not having done it yet I can't say for sure.