Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2012, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post
Thanks for the links! It looks to me that the Echo is a nice machine! I still am trying to find an article about someone using the Shinny 802 model!

Also, I was talking to a dealer today and he said that the Stihl Mag 600 is a 4 stroke that uses mixed gas? I am trying to stay away from having to keep readjusting valves every few months. This is why I am looking at the Shinny and Echo.
The Stihl 600 and the Shindy 854 are both 4 strokes that run on 2 stroke fuel mix. You only have to adjust the valves one time. Stihl recommends doing it after the first 139 hours of use (or as needed either before or after, and maybe not ever depending on how it is running), and I don't recall off the top of my head what the time frame is for the Shindy, but it's something similar I believe, and it is a one time deal too. By not having an oil sump, they save weight and size. Both are much more fuel efficient than the 2 strokes that are out. My 600 will easily go twice as far on the same amount of fuel as my 570, and both have 65cc engines. I gotta say though, that I love this 570, and the more use it, the better I like it. It is also getting stronger as time goes by too.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
The Stihl 600 and the Shindy 854 are both 4 strokes that run on 2 stroke fuel mix. You only have to adjust the valves one time. Stihl recommends doing it after the first 139 hours of use (or as needed either before or after, and maybe not ever depending on how it is running), and I don't recall off the top of my head what the time frame is for the Shindy, but it's something similar I believe, and it is a one time deal too. By not having an oil sump, they save weight and size. Both are much more fuel efficient than the 2 strokes that are out. My 600 will easily go twice as far on the same amount of fuel as my 570, and both have 65cc engines. I gotta say though, that I love this 570, and the more use it, the better I like it. It is also getting stronger as time goes by too.
I just looked up some specs on the Husky BP's. The 570 is nice, but I also noticed there is a 580 out (according to its specs its the biggest one I have seen).

I have been doing some more research and it looks to me like some people have said Husky and Redmax are the same machines. Is that true?

To make sure all you have to do is adjust the valves one time and that is it or every 139 hours?
Old 01-20-2012, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's a one time deal on the valves, whether that is the blower, or one of their trimmers.

Husky owns Red Max, but Red Max makes the blowers for Husky to Husky's specs, which is why the straps and air box covers are different. The 570 is the same as the RM 7500, and the 580 is the same as the RM 8500.

The 580 is even more powerful, but it is a couple pounds heavier, and believe me, you can feel it. I am betting after a couple hours of wearing it, the difference would be even more pronounced. The reason I went with the 570 is it has excellent CFM's 770 vs 912 for the 580, but it had 236 MPH vs 206 for the 580. The higher MPH helps with scouring stuck down debris, yet it has more than enough CFM's to move any pile of leaves. Believe me, I gave it a good workout last fall on some huge piles.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Member

As far as the small walk-behind.. look at the Ariens 21" with swivel front wheels.. it has a Kawasaki FJ and is very strong.

http://www.ariens.com/products/walk-...s/default.aspx
Old 01-20-2012, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the 770 and the 802 in mine own opinion the 770 is better, ill be selling my 802 and getting another 770. i run a shindy edger and redmax line trimmers that i love. I have a 60in exmark and 36 wright stander hopefully be getting another exmark 36 this spring and selling the wright
Old 01-20-2012, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffej3820 View Post
I have the 770 and the 802 in mine own opinion the 770 is better, ill be selling my 802 and getting another 770. i run a shindy edger and redmax line trimmers that i love. I have a 60in exmark and 36 wright stander hopefully be getting another exmark 36 this spring and selling the wright
That's very interesting to me since I don't believe I've ever seen anyone else say that here. Why do you like the 770 better? I'd really like to hear your thoughts.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I am going to go by and look at the husky BP's this week. I talked to someone ab the shindy 802 and they said the only problems with them is to make sure when you pull to start the engine make sure you don't put hand on left side of machine because that will break the air filter or carb. Other then that it's a nice machine. I was wandering if anyone had any problems with that on the 802?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-23-2012, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I went ahead and bought the shindy 802. I also looked at stihl magnum but did not want to get 4 stroke. I think the echo is a great unit also, but they had 1 shindy left at 499.99. Msrp in my area is 529.99. I have used the blower for about a month now. I would estimate 40+ hours on it and it has impressed me. Starts on first pull and has great power. Seems to get stronger the more I use it. It does go through the 2 cycleix gas pretty quick. If I use around 1 hour full throttle it uses the whole tank which is not bad considering it is maxed out. I would recommend this unit to anyone and I thank everyone who posted on this blog and other forums on this site for helping in my decision.

Thanks!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-23-2012, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats!
IMO, you got one of the better blowers out today. I like the two different tube nozzles that come with the machine. It gives you a choice of high CFM's for moving a large pile of debris, or higher MPH for scouring etc.

Tags
exmark , shindaiwa , snapper , stihl , toro