Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-22-2012, 05:34 PM
tyler_mott85's Avatar
tyler_mott85 tyler_mott85 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 584
I don't think anyone here would turn down an offer that would set them up to provide for their families.

If i'm mowing along and have no intention of doing anything but mowing along but some guy walks up and offers me a briefcase with cash for the company, I'll just get off the mower take the briefcase and walk away.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-22-2012, 05:40 PM
NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC's Avatar
NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central Point, OR
Posts: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_mott85 View Post
I don't think anyone here would turn down an offer that would set them up to provide for their families.

If i'm mowing along and have no intention of doing anything but mowing along but some guy walks up and offers me a briefcase with cash for the company, I'll just get off the mower take the briefcase and walk away.
But then what do you do after? In the long term unless were talking several hundred thousands of dolllars or more it doesn't seem logical for the long term, for the short term, oh yes definitely, been there before and got offered a decent amount for some commercial accounts, but thankfully I made the smart decision and declined and looked ahead.

Now in these guys situation I think were talking about a merger or acquisition that will allow them to mass produce their machines, maybe make them more affordable, not that they are expensive now, and allow a larger marketplace for parts and supplies, and be a better Quick in the long run...
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-22-2012, 05:40 PM
knox gsl's Avatar
knox gsl knox gsl is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 3,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_mott85 View Post
I don't think anyone here would turn down an offer that would set them up to provide for their families.

If i'm mowing along and have no intention of doing anything but mowing along but some guy walks up and offers me a briefcase with cash for the company, I'll just get off the mower take the briefcase and walk away.
I think we all would, especially in August.
__________________
I've never been skydiving, but I have zoomed-in on Google Earth really fast.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-22-2012, 05:47 PM
cpllawncare's Avatar
cpllawncare cpllawncare is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_mott85 View Post
I don't think anyone here would turn down an offer that would set them up to provide for their families.

If i'm mowing along and have no intention of doing anything but mowing along but some guy walks up and offers me a briefcase with cash for the company, I'll just get off the mower take the briefcase and walk away.
Depends on how much cash is in the briefcase? If it's enough to start another company in a bigger way then probably so.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-22-2012, 05:48 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC View Post
But then what do you do after? In the long term unless were talking several hundred thousands of dolllars or more it doesn't seem logical for the long term, for the short term, oh yes definitely, been there before and got offered a decent amount for some commercial accounts, but thankfully I made the smart decision and declined and looked ahead.

Now in these guys situation I think were talking about a merger or acquisition that will allow them to mass produce their machines, maybe make them more affordable, not that they are expensive now, and allow a larger marketplace for parts and supplies, and be a better Quick in the long run...
We had a major size mowing company in Austin that sold out about 8 years ago for several million. It was a couple partners and they waited the non- compete years and now both have their own lawn business going again. They are not cash poor and they run multiple trucks and the price stuff really really low. Ane why low well they need customers and nothing else so they can sell out again. Trugreen bought them and now they have not only took a lot of the key guys but they might almost run them out of the area.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-22-2012, 05:51 PM
NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC's Avatar
NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central Point, OR
Posts: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
We had a major size mowing company in Austin that sold out about 8 years ago for several million. It was a couple partners and they waited the non- compete years and now both have their own lawn business going again. They are not cash poor and they run multiple trucks and the price stuff really really low. Ane why low well they need customers and nothing else so they can sell out again. Trugreen bought them and now they have not only took a lot of the key guys but they might almost run them out of the area.
But wouldn't the sale price be not only include customer amount, but also how much profit per customer? 1,000 customers @ an average of $200/Month isn't worth more than 500 Customers @ an average of $500/Month, etc.... Good concept if there's good buyers and well priced customers, etc...
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-22-2012, 07:13 PM
PremierT&L PremierT&L is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC View Post
Now in these guys situation I think were talking about a merger or acquisition that will allow them to mass produce their machines, maybe make them more affordable, not that they are expensive now, and allow a larger marketplace for parts and supplies, and be a better Quick in the long run...
I think this is probably case.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-22-2012, 08:13 PM
sjessen sjessen is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Knoxville, Tn
Posts: 1,571
Being purchased/merging with a larger company would give them a dealer network.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-22-2012, 11:19 PM
weeze's Avatar
weeze weeze is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: weezertonfieldville, AL
Posts: 5,297
it's probably a deal that will make them grow in size alot faster and be able to sell their mowers in more places rather than just online.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-23-2012, 12:14 AM
GravelyGuy's Avatar
GravelyGuy GravelyGuy is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
it's probably a deal that will make them grow in size alot faster and be able to sell their mowers in more places rather than just online.
So much for a mail order mower. If they start selling at dealers they will have to raise their prices and price was the only thing they had going for them.
__________________
-Ryan-
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.

Page generated in 0.09396 seconds with 8 queries