Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-25-2012, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

i worry about not being able to find parts too,i have a 2004 model ,some parts on it are different than the newer ones ,but luckily Bop have kept parts for it.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Im worried that it will be difficult to get parts. BOP has no part #s for anything, fortuniately the people on the phone are knowledgeable, but without part numbers a call to India may reault in wroong parts.
If gary is part of the new company (employee/partner) you should be ok. If he is not good luck.

The good thing of having a larger mfg coming in part numbers, owners manuals, history of model changes will be organized amd detailed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-25-2012, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolleylawns View Post
i don't think it would be wise to let their customer base know any details before they are finalized.
I'm sure if the deal wasn't finalized then BOP wouldn't have publicly announced it on their website !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 01-25-2012, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

they said on their website they in the process , probably don't have everything ironed out,who knows ,but i do agree they need to let us know something,they don't answer the phone anymore.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

In case someone hasnít seen it...here it is. This was grabbed January, 25th 2012. It is unchanged from when it 1st appeared late last week on BOP's website main page.
Attached Images

I'd Rather Be Flying
Always Looking for Greener Grass
Always Looking for Better Mower Blades ô
Say "YES" to higher mowing heights.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:39 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolleylawns View Post
they said on their website they in the process , probably don't have everything ironed out,who knows ,but i do agree they need to let us know something,they don't answer the phone anymore.
It might be finalized, but not reopened.

To reset the biz how the new owner wants it takes time. If they are relocating takes time, making a parts diagrams with part #s take time, inventory the whole place, build assembly instructions/training, and lastly adding a p&p book takes time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-27-2012, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Q32s (single hydro) are my main mower...and as stated above, I don't see any kind of comparable replacement from another manufacturer when it comes to mower dimensions, weight/footprint, ease of use & fitting my business plan.

The popular complaints about these mowers here on Lawnsite are non-existent for me and my regional grasses. My Q32s are fabulous mowers that don't rut and leave an impeccable cut.

Gary and Tommy are truly like family in how they've handled my business' needs. These mowers are simple to work on due to the commitment from BOP to make it easy.

I sincerely pray that BOP continues 'keeping on, keeping on'...in what ever way, shape or form that is necessary for their survival.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 01-27-2012, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
Q32s (single hydro) are my main mower...and as stated above, I don't see any kind of comparable replacement from another manufacturer when it comes to mower dimensions, weight/footprint, ease of use & fitting my business plan.

The popular complaints about these mowers here on Lawnsite are non-existent for me and my regional grasses. My Q32s are fabulous mowers that don't rut and leave an impeccable cut.

Gary and Tommy are truly like family in how they've handled my business' needs. These mowers are simple to work on due to the commitment from BOP to make it easy.

I sincerely pray that BOP continues 'keeping on, keeping on'...in what ever way, shape or form that is necessary for their survival.
Amen Bro,

I wholeheartedly agree. Much of the criticism of the mowers has been the damp grass issue. I'm not a fan of the standard blades on any of the BOP mowers unless the cool season grass is pretty dry.

Since I have skin in the game I'm doing my part to get better blades for the Q44. 91-369 blades are a noticeable upgrade. I have some ideas that I belive will improve the Q36 even.over the BOP ultra lifts that.have.been.out.for over a.year.

I hope Gary will be onboard in some capacity after the transition. There are not many OPE manufacturers left where you can call the Co. and actually talk the the owner.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-27-2012, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
Q32s (single hydro) are my main mower...and as stated above, I don't see any kind of comparable replacement from another manufacturer when it comes to mower dimensions, weight/footprint, ease of use & fitting my business plan. ... My Q32s are fabulous mowers that don't rut and leave an impeccable cut. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
... I wholeheartedly agree. ...
These 2 BOP owners are just the ones who have elected to publicly state their loyalty to the brand ... however, there are many more who hold BOP in high regard that simply elect not to publicly say it !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 01-28-2012, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I did some nosying around in the N. Carolina Secr. State website. BOPs principle is still listed as Gary Partridge and a JJH Investment from Wisconsin also listed on legal filings......which appears to be a standard for some time now.
http://www.secretary.state.nc.us/cor...itemId=5920280

That said- has there been any media exposure from the Winston Salem tv- newspapers on this? Would it be of benefit to have an LS member prompt the Winston Salem newspaper guys into doing some digging?