Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-24-2012, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatonpcat View Post
Just crawl out of a hole LOL! The housing market has taken a huge beating over the last few years!
ya. kinda wish i woulda waited to get my house. woudlnt have known it woudl happen tho. my house would probably be hard to sell for half its value. im seeing friends and customers doing the same. tho ur not gonna get a mortgage for the value of what this hosue would sell for.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Now you just need to buy something to justify a 10 ton trailer and 1 ton truck. You could probably figure out a way to spend 100k on a skid steer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-24-2012, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
Now you just need to buy something to justify a 10 ton trailer and 1 ton truck. You could probably figure out a way to spend 100k on a skid steer.
Posted via Mobile Device
wood chips
Old 09-24-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Why is my bs meter in this thread off the chart?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-24-2012, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
my house is only worth 47k
House values differ wildly from state to state town to town for all know that may be a 5000 sqft mansion. More realistically its probably an average home for your area and if so that's great I wish you could get into the housing market here for that price. 2007 just before the crash 1 acre building lots were selling for 300k in my town. Hence I own land but have no ability to build on it yet the costs are so prohibitive. But the rewards are also nice living here there are 29,000 properties just in my home town and easily 100,000 in my overall range so there is plenty of work to be had.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
ya. kinda wish i woulda waited to get my house. woudlnt have known it woudl happen tho. my house would probably be hard to sell for half its value. im seeing friends and customers doing the same. tho ur not gonna get a mortgage for the value of what this hosue would sell for.
Yeah it sucks, I built my house back in 94, but the crash has taken a big bite out of my equity!

Nice truck (72,000 How many beds and baths) lol I'm just jealous...Try to get back on track
Old 09-29-2012, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwilamosky View Post
that's a lot of truck to be pulling around a 14' trailer haha
great truck tho
do you have a CDL license for those huge loads?

this my friends, is a perfectly scaled down version of his equipment.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClippersLC View Post
I finally gave in and bought a new truck. Its a 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Dually with the 8 foot bed. It has the 6.7 Cummins High Output Turbo Diesel. 6-Automatic 68RFE Transmission. Its Mineral Gray with Black Leather interior completely loaded. Heated and Cooled leather seats, Heated Steering wheel, Sunroof, Touch Screen Infinity Stereo system with Sirius sattelite radio with travel link and a DVD player(you know for watching safety videos that come on DVD for our equuipment... lol), built in trailer brake, 3 upfitter switches one is fixing to be used for a soon to be installed strobe light kit, Chrome side steps, in cab storage out of the wazoo, this thing will go to the junk yard years from now and I'll still be learning what all it can do... lol. It is pretty much a stock truck with only a few upgrades. Has a pair of airbag overloads under it and the rear has a gear reduction in it boosting the torque from 800 to just over 1,000 ft. lbs. all was done from the dealer since im scared to do any aftermarket stuff to trucks with all the computers these days so its equiped the way its gonna stay. Anyhow here are a few pics enjoy...

You want my honest opinion? It's a nice truck but I think your ego got the best of you.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats, man!

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --Leonardo da Vinci

http://integritylawnpro.com
Old 10-02-2012, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClippersLC View Post
I was hopping the 30K lb B&W gooseneck hitch and the 20K lb hitch in the back would make it be considered a truck... Or small semi atleast... Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm still reading through your post here. Did you already have a CDL or did you get one when you bought your gooseneck. I had to get one when I purchased my 20' dump trailer. The ticket for not having the correct license type is $1500.

Also, for gooseneck hitches Una-Goose is the best money can buy. They are rated at 40,000 lbs. I bent two hitches before I installed a Una-Goose.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/