Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-22-2012, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe it can handle 3-4 tons.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you plan on pulling that much weight I hope you have a cdl.

Love the truck though, $71k sounds kind of steep however. What was the sticker price on the truck?
Old 01-22-2012, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMlawncare View Post

Love the truck though, $71k sounds kind of steep however. What was the sticker price on the truck?
Yea I think they took advantage of him!!! for tht price, i could have bought my 11' 3500 & a 4500 cab/chassis.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 01-22-2012, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS-Tx View Post
Maybe it can handle 3-4 tons.
It was a major power shock from my old truck. My last truck was also the one i started with. it was a 98' Dodge Ram 1500 regular cab long bed 4x4 with the 360 V-8 gaser. it had a 123,300 miles on it when i got it and I sold it with 199,700 miles when i sold it on 8-25-11, which is the day i got my new truck. my old truck you could feel it in handling and the gas peddle just towing 3,000 lbs, so my trailer that i tow daily was heavy enough to make it grunt daily. my new truck it takes about 3 tons before you can really tell theres anything behind the truck, it just slobbers along, turbo whistling. lol
*2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie 4X4 6-speed automatic. Cummins 6.7 High Output Turbo Diesel
*John Deere Z425, Z-757
*All Echo Handheld 2-cycle Equipment
*6'5"x14' LandscapingTrailer
*35' Heavy equipment dovetail gooseneck 25k lb. load capacity
*21 Toro Super Recycler (3)
*And the most important thing... looking good at being clueless...
Old 01-22-2012, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMlawncare View Post

sticker was $64K talked dealer down to $59,300 before i had the gears, and overload springs, air bag over loads, the B&W gooseneck hitch and the Line-x bed liner which basically brought it back up and over sticker. $66K was what was financed. if I only make the minimum payments over the life if the loan @ 4.99% i would pay like $69,300. the other $2,400 was for the unlimited power train waranty on the Cummins and the transmission. unlimited mileage and time on both and if either on blows up i get a new tranny or Cummins for a $175 deductible. plus I have the nitro fill on all the tires and a road hazzard coverage on all the tires. they will repair any tire up to 4 times then the will replace each tire once for free. that was $200 bucks roughly... oh and i also got the undercarriage spray protection...lol. Bottom line. I feel i got a pretty good deal so thats all that matters. Plus the piece of mind of not having to worry about overloading the truck, something falling off, blowing up, something breaking is worth ever penny i spent. the first payment I sent in $12,000 on the principle alone, so im doing ok fellas a few grand of that was just for protection and coverage.
*2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie 4X4 6-speed automatic. Cummins 6.7 High Output Turbo Diesel
*John Deere Z425, Z-757
*All Echo Handheld 2-cycle Equipment
*6'5"x14' LandscapingTrailer
*35' Heavy equipment dovetail gooseneck 25k lb. load capacity
*21 Toro Super Recycler (3)
*And the most important thing... looking good at being clueless...
Old 01-22-2012, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClippersLC View Post
sticker was $64K talked dealer down to $59,300 before i had the gears, and overload springs, air bag over loads, the B&W gooseneck hitch and the Line-x bed liner which basically brought it back up and over sticker. $66K was what was financed. if I only make the minimum payments over the life if the loan @ 4.99% i would pay like $69,300. the other $2,400 was for the unlimited power train waranty on the Cummins and the transmission. unlimited mileage and time on both and if either on blows up i get a new tranny or Cummins for a $175 deductible. plus I have the nitro fill on all the tires and a road hazzard coverage on all the tires. they will repair any tire up to 4 times then the will replace each tire once for free. that was $200 bucks roughly... oh and i also got the undercarriage spray protection...lol. Bottom line. I feel i got a pretty good deal so thats all that matters. Plus the piece of mind of not having to worry about overloading the truck, something falling off, blowing up, something breaking is worth ever penny i spent. the first payment I sent in $12,000 on the principle alone, so im doing ok fellas a few grand of that was just for protection and coverage.
Yeah, it sounds like you got a good deal on it then.Good looking truck
Old 01-22-2012, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a wicked nice truck and the alcoa's are awesome looking. Hopefully you like the 6.7, I'm sure you will. Is that a F450 in one of the pics?
Old 01-22-2012, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyBacon View Post
Thats a wicked nice truck and the alcoa's are awesome looking. Hopefully you like the 6.7, I'm sure you will. Is that a F450 in one of the pics?
Yeah the black dually in one of the pics is a 2009 F450. It is a customers truck and he wanted to size it up to mine. My truck has 1 more leaf on either side and sets about 2 inches higher... He actually sold that truck about 2 months after that pic was taken and bought a 2011 F350 that is gray like mine... He was burnt up with envy. Lol. Yeah the Alcoa rims are some high end rims apparently. I thought they were cool but I went in to have the pressure checked one day at a tire shop and and the guy told me they are high end rims and he was practically drooling over them... Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-22-2012, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So what exactly are you hauling that you need a dually with airbags and overload springs for? Or is a pride thing like you said? Because it really does look awesome.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyBacon View Post
So what exactly are you hauling that you need a dually with airbags and overload springs for? Or is a pride thing like you said? Because it really does look awesome.
Pride. Lol... No the air bag overloads are to level the truck out a little when its got a load. I've only pulled 13,000 with it so far. Although I've got a rock job comming up where I'll be pulling 21,500 lbs of river rounds for flower bed borders... That outta make the Cummins pur and the Turbo sing some new tunes lol
Posted via Mobile Device