Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-28-2012, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

To Protect & Serve?

So get this:

My wife is at the gas station fueling her brand new Prius. Next to her is a beat up Honda, the guys finished fueling but is now hanging out under the hood. Finally gets in his car and takes off not having taken the nozzle out of his car. He rips out the fuel line, it whips around and smashes the taillight of the Pruis and slams into the rear quarter panel leaving a good dent.

Guy stops and my wife axes him for his DL and insurance. Guy says it's his girlfriends car, she asks again and he offers her a couple of bucks she declines & he takes off.

She got the plate number & calls the police, they show up right away. Run the plate which turns out should be attached to a trailer registered in Palm Bay, FL. Do you think this guy has insurance? Isn't she a VICTIM?

Anyway cop says he's off till next Tuesday and will try and look at the surveillance tapes Wednesday... WTF? How about NOW, how about calling it in and finding the car while it's still around? It's a hit and run right? Isn't that a crime... like a FELONY?

I got cops breathing down my neck every street corner making sure I'm compliant, but when Pierre St Jeanne destroys property, driving without a valid registration, and possibly without insurance or a license, it's not a big deal until next week?

WTF? I mean really, WTF? Should my wife have been born Lashrieka St. Pierre to get some justice? Is this why this cop is making $65,000 plus, was there a sale at Dunkin Donoughts he just had to make before going off shift? Protect and serve my A$$
Old 01-28-2012, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Jvan

Quit your Crying, for a Dollar more you could of had Uninsured Motorist and let your insurance company handle the Head ache.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post

Jvan

Quit your Crying, for a Dollar more you could of had Uninsured Motorist and let your insurance company handle the Head ache.
Ric, do you have something against Jvan? Your pretty hostile towards him and the guy has done nothing to you?

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2012, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Uninsured motorist isn't for that. It falls under collision. Deductible applies. I had the same thing happen to me. I was rear ended by a hit and run Honda crx at 1 in the morning coming home from work. Followed the car and got the license. I was told to go back to the accident scene since both of us left. I went back two hours later FHP shows up and says the tag was stolen and no longer registered. SOL cost me a grand as I was really young and I had to have high deductibles in order to afford my $350 a month insurance.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

About a dozen years ago I was coming home from A nice family dinner in Port Charlotte with my wife a two sons, my wife was in the passenger seat, my oldest was in the back seat behind me and my two year old was in the center of the back seat in his car seat. The car we were in had bucket seats in the front with about an 18" space between them. As we rounded a curve a group of azzholes were coming from the other direction and some one in the back of the truck threw something into the center of my windshield exploding glass on me, my wife and the baby, if it had of come through the windshield it would have hit the baby square in the face. I turned the car around and went after them but after about a mile with my wife screaming at me to stop and having to hang my head out the window to see I stopped and called the protect and serve guys. I called 911 and was routed to the wrong sheriffs department, after finally getting the right sheriffs department I was told " they were short staffed and it was a busy night and no one was available and they could not even give me a wait time". At that point to say I lost it was an understatement, after losing it they finally told me they could send FHP but it would be several hours and I might as well go home and they would send him to my house. Almost two and a half hours later he came to my house, 2:00 am, took a report and told me there was nothing they could do. The next morning I drove back to the curve and retreived a full tube of concrete repair caulk, called the FHP and was again told there was nothing that could be done. Your not alone, I feel your outrage even after all these years.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Jvan

Hey Ric; give it a break
Old 01-28-2012, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ric,

Does the word "Justice" mean anything to you? For a guy who rails against the "injustice" of unlicensed indivuduals applying chemicals, I would have thought you have a keen appreciation of injustice.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
Uninsured motorist isn't for that. It falls under collision. Deductible applies. I had the same thing happen to me. I was rear ended by a hit and run Honda crx at 1 in the morning coming home from work. Followed the car and got the license. I was told to go back to the accident scene since both of us left. I went back two hours later FHP shows up and says the tag was stolen and no longer registered. SOL cost me a grand as I was really young and I had to have high deductibles in order to afford my $350 a month insurance.
I believe you are correct.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Did the police get a copy of the surveillance video? If not, it will probably be long gone by Tuesday. If possible, I would drive back up there and ask for it myself. For the most part, if you don't do the legwork, nothing will ever come of it. I can about guarantee that. I've had several incidents over the years and the only reason anything was ever done about any of them is because I did all the work.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

About 8 months ago my I stopped a girl who had broken into my car and was attempting to hot wire it. The police picked her up that night. The detective just last week got back with me to start looking into it.

Why does it take so long, what are they doing? Good luck getting it resolved.