Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-26-2012, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

moving the winch

Nick's Lawn Care
right now the flatbed will hit the roof before it runs into the winch. i'm just guessing but i think it has a 70-80 degree angle (haven't checked yet) as for adding a pulley and hooking back on the beam w/ the winch and getting a 2=1 gear ratio, i have thought about doing that but the pulley would have to be in the wet grass all the time. may try it though. that would give me about 16000 lb of pulling power. may change it later.

thanks for every ones thoughts and questions!! keep 'em commin!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Gotcha, i didn't even think about the floor hitting the celling. Everything looks good! Cant wait to see it when its all done!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How long and how much $ did you put into it?
Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

all said and done should be about $3500 into the mods and welder of the truck. got the truck for 1500 so 5 k into everything.

had the truck for 1 month and probably worked on it about 2 weeks in between storms and bad weather like yesterday we had wind gusting to 72 mph. not like i'm doing any other work at this time
Old 01-26-2012, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyslawnservice View Post
all said and done should be about $3500 into the mods and welder of the truck. got the truck for 1500 so 5 k into everything.

had the truck for 1 month and probably worked on it about 2 weeks in between storms and bad weather like yesterday we had wind gusting to 72 mph. not like i'm doing any other work at this time
Not that bad. Great work. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The winch is going to be moving half as slow after you put a pulley in, if you do. Does the winch have 2 speeds?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I see some guys on here do and make things that are great for them.

Then I go on youtube and see company's with fabrication shops put out things that should work better.

EX. 1. http://youtu.be/JgVCjO1Lhz4 Why not make this thing load into the back of a pick up with a dump insert? That way you could still us the trailer for more than one mower. Oh and I don't mean that tarp box on the truck.

Ex 2. http://youtu.be/mAZvi0YJLO8 The door on the dump part. Have they ever seen how a dump trailer uses two different hinges. One on the sides to work like barn door and one on top that swings as it dumps so the door doesn't pin some ones leg? Or at least make it swing away form the operator.

Do they think about what they make?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh and this is #3. http://youtu.be/vZ7XqUwH3TY

I can finish mowing a lawn and this thing wouldn't eve of dumped a load.

I mean come on guys.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Member

reply to some videos

SmokeyBacon:
i don't know if it has more then one speed it is a warn vr8000. right now it is dumping in 11sec. and back down in 9sec. so even if it goes half the speed i'll dump faster then i can get the door open for it

Ticolawnllc:

if some one likes the idea the are free to copy me
i looked at all the videos on youtube before i started this project and you picked the few i liked but i have issues w/ them and they are:

#1 and 3: i live in montana we had out of all the times i went out last fall we had 2 days that where under 30mph. the 2 days where just over 15mph. not many leaves are going to stick around when you lift it 12' in the air and flip it over.. and the speed of both lifting arms are really slow. i counted almost 50 sec from ground to dump on #3

video # 2: is great but i have hear that they can be up to 60k bucks and why would you pay that much to have to lift the grass over your head to fill the dump truck. i did that my first year and i'm a solo operator it really killed me doing that

video 1's price, freight included will be $6821.99(that is after docking 1000 off for before season price). that price was good as of 4-7-11

+i got a welder out of the deal.... always wanted one!

this is one that i really liked but couldn't find any more on how he made it http://youtu.be/97NWi2qdNKs

sorry about the long reply

night yalls!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Member

yesterday i moved the winch for the ramp in the back, it now goes down in 15sec and up in 18sec. i'm allot happier with that, it was right around 30sec both ways.

looks like a nice enough day to get some work done on the side door so ill start on that today.

Tags
box truck , dump bed , isuzu npr , mowing truck , side dump truck