Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 11-25-2002, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

damaging turf

I have a few questions on turning / changing directions. I have about 80 hours on my 60" super z. I love the machine but i think my problem is operator error. When I turn around I make a 3 point turn, but I still tear up the turf with the inside tire. I had someone watch to make sure the tire is turning during the turn and it is. I go slow!! The damage is not like a divot, but little squares of dirt the shape of the squares in the thread coming up. Also when I come to a stop by a object and I go in reverse, the front tires will make a divot when they turn around. Any suggestions? I really love the cut of the hustler and I would like to use this on more of my smaller yards (where I have to turn alot). Thanks.
www.hrbuyersandsellers.com
WE BUY HOUSES
Old 11-25-2002, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Could the problem be grubs?
Old 11-25-2002, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I dont think so. It happens on every lawn. It doesnt happen with my walkbehind.
www.hrbuyersandsellers.com
WE BUY HOUSES
Old 11-25-2002, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

wojo,

The front tires on the Z's are too wide and the softer the ground the bigger the divet. One thing you can try that works sometimes. Instead of stopping and then backing up, when you know you are going to back up is to pull back on one of the steering levers a little bit to swing the front tires in a circle. This way they don't pivot in one spot. The rear tires will leave marks on any circle less than 6' dia with the tires tearing the grass.

Gene