Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-25-2012, 10:07 AM
kawasaki guy's Avatar
kawasaki guy kawasaki guy is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 5,174
Toro GrandStand VS Scag V-Ride Both 36"

Hi,

Which mower is better? A 36" Toro GrandStand or a 36" Scag V-Ride? And if you know of a mower thats better than the two listed above, let me know.


Thanks
__________________
Charlie


Lets max out the hits my explains post count.[/SIZE]
Click here for my work thread
The kid who cuts lawns, and does it very well
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2012, 10:09 AM
SSmith SSmith is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 447
I prefer Wright.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2012, 10:55 AM
lawnkingforever's Avatar
lawnkingforever lawnkingforever is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 1,188
Two things I noticed about the 36" vride.

1. The rear tires were too narrow.
2. It seemed too long compared to the wright or the Grandstand. Not a very compact unit for only a 36" deck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-25-2012, 12:00 PM
pugs pugs is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southwest of Chicago
Posts: 2,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnkingforever View Post
2. It seemed too long compared to the wright or the Grandstand. Not a very compact unit for only a 36" deck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Scag really didnt go after Wright when they made their stander. Like Toro made theirs fit in the same trailer space when the platform is folded up on pretty much all sizes. I had a 52" V-ride next to a 52" Stander X(which is a bit longer than a fixed deck stander) and the V-ride was noticeably longer.


I would suggest going Wright also. Fixed deck. Not RH.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-25-2012, 04:53 PM
kawasaki guy's Avatar
kawasaki guy kawasaki guy is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 5,174
Also I am comparing a Wright sport to the two mowers listed above.
__________________
Charlie


Lets max out the hits my explains post count.[/SIZE]
Click here for my work thread
The kid who cuts lawns, and does it very well
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-25-2012, 09:24 PM
jbell36 jbell36 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: KANSAS
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
Scag really didnt go after Wright when they made their stander. Like Toro made theirs fit in the same trailer space when the platform is folded up on pretty much all sizes. I had a 52" V-ride next to a 52" Stander X(which is a bit longer than a fixed deck stander) and the V-ride was noticeably longer.


I would suggest going Wright also. Fixed deck. Not RH.
what are your thoughts on the stander X? that is technically a rapid height...did you like it or would you go with a fixed deck, if so, why? we are very interested in the stander X...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-25-2012, 10:00 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
I prefer Wright.
I think that is the right answer the 36" scag is getting bad reviews due to tracking. I would not buy that Toro until it is in the field for 5 years and they get the bugs out of their interlocks.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-26-2012, 12:40 AM
fobaum fobaum is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ft lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 321
Interlocks? 0 problems w/ my grandstand ,best mower I've ever owned.
I'm considering getting a 36'' GS next week. my only concern is its 37.6'' wide I'm
afraid it won't fit in some of the gates i got. might have to get a different stand-on not scag demoed one didn't like it. right now my phazer is getin it done just sucks on any kind of incline.
__________________
Expert lawn maintenance & landscaping LLC.
2015 f350 6.7 green gem/caribou lariat
2012 f350 6.7L Ultimate lariat traded
2008 tundra 5.7 d-cab -sold-
1998 isuzu diesel dump 14,500gvw
2011 grandstand 60''
2013 grandstand 36''
2014 JD 652R EFI quik trac
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-26-2012, 10:43 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by fobaum View Post
Interlocks? 0 problems w/ my grandstand ,best mower I've ever owned.
I'm considering getting a 36'' GS next week. my only concern is its 37.6'' wide I'm
afraid it won't fit in some of the gates i got. might have to get a different stand-on not scag demoed one didn't like it. right now my phazer is getin it done just sucks on any kind of incline.
Two years ago they rolled one out for a demo in parking lot. All of the sudden they couldn't do anything......one of their several interlocks apparently failed in some way. The teck couldn't get it going for over 30 minutes and had to roll it into the trailer. The lead tech at the local dealer kept needling them about I told you that was a big problem. Maybe it is fixed but I think Wright has been pretty well rung out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
scag v-ride , scag vs toro , toro granstand

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.06984 seconds with 9 queries