Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-30-2012, 07:58 AM
jvanvliet's Avatar
jvanvliet jvanvliet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Did the police get a copy of the surveillance video? If not, it will probably be long gone by Tuesday. If possible, I would drive back up there and ask for it myself. For the most part, if you don't do the legwork, nothing will ever come of it. I can about guarantee that. I've had several incidents over the years and the only reason anything was ever done about any of them is because I did all the work.
I did, I was told only the manager had access and they refuded to call the manager. I will try again today now that it's Monday.

BTW, we can track the police report via computer. It has yet to be in the database.

Another criminal ignored by the system. Another tax payer screwed by the system. "It's a low priority crime", sure standing at the bottom of an overpass clocking drivers going down hill at 5 over the limit is the supreme priority. Random stops "Verrr Arrrr your PAPERS? Give me a break.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-30-2012, 11:49 AM
wildstarblazer's Avatar
wildstarblazer wildstarblazer is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 760
Always seems to be the ones without insurance cause all the accidents. A similar thing happened to me and the guy offered me $200 right there and I took it. I knew that was all I was gonna get. Hate that sht.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care's Avatar
Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Port Charlotte, Florida
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post
Always seems to be the ones without insurance cause all the accidents. A similar thing happened to me and the guy offered me $200 right there and I took it. I knew that was all I was gonna get. Hate that sht.
Yes because usually they are the stupid irresponsible ones that don't have a clue on how to take care of things in life. Let alone buy insurance. They would rather buy a case of beer and some weed every other day. So they are stupid in driving and thinking ahead on everything in life. Or thinking ahead to pull a pump nozzle out after checking for oil or something. Those are the type of people I hate. I don't mind accidents. An accident is an accident. I hate irresponsible stupidity though.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-30-2012, 12:47 PM
Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care's Avatar
Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Port Charlotte, Florida
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
.


Jvan

Quit your Crying, for a Dollar more you could of had Uninsured Motorist and let your insurance company handle the Head ache.




.
Yep you make a lot of sense. $200-300 in damage for a $500 or $1000 deductible and insurance rate hikes. You obviously must not have insurance to know this and defending the moron that did it. Good job.

Last edited by Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care; 01-30-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care's Avatar
Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Port Charlotte, Florida
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
I did, I was told only the manager had access and they refuded to call the manager. I will try again today now that it's Monday.

BTW, we can track the police report via computer. It has yet to be in the database.

Another criminal ignored by the system. Another tax payer screwed by the system. "It's a low priority crime", sure standing at the bottom of an overpass clocking drivers going down hill at 5 over the limit is the supreme priority. Random stops "Verrr Arrrr your PAPERS? Give me a break.

Cops make a paycheck and sometimes care. But some don't care. They get paid either way. Good socialism at its best. Just like doctors and politicians. And we wonder why the country is going to crap. If they get paid regardless what gives them incentive to produce anything? Nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Keith's Avatar
Keith Keith is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
I did, I was told only the manager had access and they refuded to call the manager. I will try again today now that it's Monday.

BTW, we can track the police report via computer. It has yet to be in the database.

Another criminal ignored by the system. Another tax payer screwed by the system. "It's a low priority crime", sure standing at the bottom of an overpass clocking drivers going down hill at 5 over the limit is the supreme priority. Random stops "Verrr Arrrr your PAPERS? Give me a break.
My prediction. You will have to call the police several times to ever get in contact with the cop. My guess is you will be told: a) He's on vacation, and he will return your call when he gets back. b) He's out sick and he will return your call when he gets back. c) He's at a meeting out of town and will return your call when he gets back.

Meanwhile the surveillance tape has been erased. The manager probably knows nothing about it. Been there, done it. I guess at least you have a tag number.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-30-2012, 04:52 PM
jvanvliet's Avatar
jvanvliet jvanvliet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
My prediction. You will have to call the police several times to ever get in contact with the cop. My guess is you will be told: a) He's on vacation, and he will return your call when he gets back. b) He's out sick and he will return your call when he gets back. c) He's at a meeting out of town and will return your call when he gets back.

Meanwhile the surveillance tape has been erased. The manager probably knows nothing about it. Been there, done it. I guess at least you have a tag number.
I know you're probably right...

Got a tag number from a plate that belongs on a trailer in Pam Bay, about 150 miles up the coast. You think its still on his car?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-01-2012, 02:18 PM
integrityman's Avatar
integrityman integrityman is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North West Ohio
Posts: 1,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
Anyway cop says he's off till next Tuesday and will try and look at the surveillance tapes Wednesday... WTF? How about NOW, how about calling it in and finding the car while it's still around? It's a hit and run right? Isn't that a crime... like a FELONY?
Hit & Run is not a felony in any state.

That said, the officer should have requested another unit take over the investigation or requested a supervisor authorize OT until his investigation was completed.

That said, this incident, unfortunately falls under the lowest of the low priority property type crimes that overwhelmes, ties up and constipates police activities.

Municipal budgets are tighter than a clams as$ with lockjaw.

Sorry pal- these are the times we live in.

Call the shift Sgt or lieutenant & ask if this is standard procedure, if something can be done about it.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-01-2012, 06:59 PM
jvanvliet's Avatar
jvanvliet jvanvliet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by integrityman View Post
Hit & Run is not a felony in any state.

That said, the officer should have requested another unit take over the investigation or requested a supervisor authorize OT until his investigation was completed.

That said, this incident, unfortunately falls under the lowest of the low priority property type crimes that overwhelmes, ties up and constipates police activities.

Municipal budgets are tighter than a clams as$ with lockjaw.

Sorry pal- these are the times we live in.

Call the shift Sgt or lieutenant & ask if this is standard procedure, if something can be done about it.
Hit and run aggravated by driving without a license, insurance or a properly registered vehicle apparently results in a hand slap & a fine.

I was just blowing steam, I know I'm screwed.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-02-2012, 07:44 AM
jvanvliet's Avatar
jvanvliet jvanvliet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,935
In any event, my wife spoke with the officer who told her he spoke with the station manager. They uploaded the surveillance video to corporate and as it stands, the manager said BP is very likely to cover the damages.

The guy cruising around in the unregistered vehicle with stolen plates... well you know, low priority until he runs somebody over and kills them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 PM.

Page generated in 0.10409 seconds with 7 queries