Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-31-2012, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOW ED View Post
The cooling fins deal is BS along with the rest of the reasons. Keep a good eye on it and use it frequently if you can. See if you can get it to blow again. You have a documented history with this motor so any more problems and I would be screaming of a new one.
Good Luck
(x 2) they have filled you full of bull. side cover may need replacing. or the crankcase ventilation mechanism is failing.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I would reccomend you let them operate the tractor for an hour or so before you agree to take it home. Its gonna do it again because they obviously havent fixed the problem going by their explanations. They have likely put a new seal in, scarred the aluminum around the perimeter of the seal (with a punch). This is normal procedure on most seals. If they have shade tree fixed this side of the engine, then the next thing that happens is the seal behind the flywheel will blow. The crankcase pressure has to go somewhere. is the repair shop a Kohler dealer?
Old 01-31-2012, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Member

nothing new to report yet. didn't get the mower today. they where suppose to fix my parking break, they put a new hydro on the right side(it went out in july i think they fixed it under warranty, took over a week). i've told them about it sense they fixed it, so when i dropped it off i told them i wanted that fixed before i picked it up. talked to him last night and he didn't remember me saying any thing about it. so he said he'll have to call the guy up again and he'll have to go back over and work on it.

so if you haven't caught on: we our dealer doesn't have a mechanic on duty... a few years ago we had some drunk i'd have to take it to and get it worked on. then it was this guy that was 80 that would look at it in a few weeks. now we have a hi-school shop teacher that works on them when he gets a chance.

they also don't have rental walkers or walkers that u get when yours is in for warranty repairs. i'v even heard of some dealers (if its under warranty) come and pick it up for you and drop it off

so in short, i'm getting tired of my dealer. i know of 3 other companys that are as well
1999 f250 SD 8'2'' boss super v flat bed
2001 f250 SD 8'2'' boss super v reg bed
16' custom flatbed trailer
mowers and handhelds
2000 walker mower 26efi 42'' mulch deck
2011 walker mower 26efi 42'' ghs deck
3 toro 21'' pro lines
plugger aerator 800
husky chansaw
stihl trimmers
stihl blowers(hand and backback)
stihl hedge trimmers
Old 01-31-2012, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyslawnservice View Post
nothing new to report yet. didn't get the mower today. they where suppose to fix my parking break, they put a new hydro on the right side(it went out in july i think they fixed it under warranty, took over a week). i've told them about it sense they fixed it, so when i dropped it off i told them i wanted that fixed before i picked it up. talked to him last night and he didn't remember me saying any thing about it. so he said he'll have to call the guy up again and he'll have to go back over and work on it.

so if you haven't caught on: we our dealer doesn't have a mechanic on duty... a few years ago we had some drunk i'd have to take it to and get it worked on. then it was this guy that was 80 that would look at it in a few weeks. now we have a hi-school shop teacher that works on them when he gets a chance.

they also don't have rental walkers or walkers that u get when yours is in for warranty repairs. i'v even heard of some dealers (if its under warranty) come and pick it up for you and drop it off

so in short, i'm getting tired of my dealer. i know of 3 other companys that are as well
I know your frustration, I deal with the same worthless dealers around here. I would def find a new shop.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-31-2012, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Member

i think the next closest dealer is 230mi away
mowers and handhelds
3 toro 21'' pro lines
plugger aerator 800
husky chansaw
stihl trimmers
stihl hedge trimmers
Old 01-31-2012, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyslawnservice View Post
i think the next closest dealer is 230mi away
Wow that sucks. Are walkers common in your area? I have never seen anyone here with a walker...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-01-2012, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Member

yeah lots of walkers around here.
mowers and handhelds
3 toro 21'' pro lines
plugger aerator 800
husky chansaw
stihl trimmers
stihl hedge trimmers
Old 02-01-2012, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clc19chase View Post
I would reccomend you let them operate the tractor for an hour or so before you agree to take it home. Its gonna do it again because they obviously havent fixed the problem going by their explanations. They have likely put a new seal in, scarred the aluminum around the perimeter of the seal (with a punch). This is normal procedure on most seals. If they have shade tree fixed this side of the engine, then the next thing that happens is the seal behind the flywheel will blow. The crankcase pressure has to go somewhere. is the repair shop a Kohler dealer?
it ran all summer with out any issues (except the hydro). so for some reason it only breaks in the cold. right now the forecast looks like mid 40's. we'll see what happens next few snows
mowers and handhelds
3 toro 21'' pro lines
plugger aerator 800
husky chansaw
stihl trimmers
stihl hedge trimmers
Old 02-01-2012, 06:37 AM
LawnSite Member

You had mentioned you bought your walker in dec 2010. You should look a the month it was manufactured (newer machines say month and year it was built by serial #).
All hydrostatic built after sept 2010 were supposed to have added check valve to lessen the chances of spiking hydro according to walker/eaton. Same design prior 2006 brought back by eaton. However sales being down the walker dealers/distributors sell 6 month old machines on average. Do you run a speed up pulley on it?
Old 02-01-2012, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Member

my bet is it was built in early Months of '10. and i don't have a speed up kit, thought about it though
mowers and handhelds
3 toro 21'' pro lines
plugger aerator 800
husky chansaw
stihl trimmers
stihl hedge trimmers