Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-14-2012, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

that is what we want most , the 4 cmps and remote access. support is very imortant, but i think we will be ok most times without much. we are on everything else we use.,like qb
Old 02-14-2012, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Im having major issues with LP4 right now and i have submitted 5 tickets have not yet goten a responce
Old 02-14-2012, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbvfd592 View Post
Im having major issues with LP4 right now and i have submitted 5 tickets have not yet goten a responce
Just google lawnpro 4 and you will find out that they have no support.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2012, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Just trying out LP4 I didn't get any answers. Plus wasn't a fan of the layout.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

man, and i was really looking forward to demoing this. i still will, but this makes it more scary
Old 02-15-2012, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Member

If you ever need help with something from LP forget it they don't help all they want is ur money
Old 02-15-2012, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
we were going to check out lawn pro. was hoping to get good reviews on that from you guys.gopher is out of the question, as well as clip and qxpress.
I want something to do my scheduling. I have QB for billing. How is gopher for scheduling? How many accounts can it handle and do they keep hitting you up with monthly charges?

I just don't want to pay every month. I feel like they have me by the balls. It takes forever to input information and if i want to switch I would have to start over. I like owning my stuff. That way on one can take it away with higher fees or B.S.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass-scapes View Post
Where did you hear 6 weeks. I was told they were still taking recommendations on what to improve. They haven't updated in over a year and said it would be quite a while for a new update this year, if at all.

I called and asked.
Well they just got my annual $355 keep it current payment. So now they have working capitol to make an update. What can they fix? There mapping system had never worked well. For they money I spent, it sucks. They still have no real mobile connection to there software. We have told them for the past several years to make it work with an iphone or android. No response. There is several things they could streamline but overall its still one of the best programs I have come across. It just needs a little updating!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMlawncare View Post
Well they just got my annual $355 keep it current payment. So now they have working capitol to make an update. What can they fix? There mapping system had never worked well. For they money I spent, it sucks. They still have no real mobile connection to there software. We have told them for the past several years to make it work with an iphone or android. No response. There is several things they could streamline but overall its still one of the best programs I have come across. It just needs a little updating!!!
The problem with the mapping system is that it is based on Microsoft Mappoint. They (Microsoft) are slow to update. I wish it worked with google maps. I use mobile too. Let me tell you what I just bought to help with that.
There was a logistics company that went out of business and they listed their mobile devices on Craigslist. They wanted a fortune for them. No one bought them. On the last day before they shut their doors, they called me back and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I bought 5 Psion TEklogix Workabout pros. Made for use in the field. 2 have barcode scanners. All have at least windows mobile 6 pro. I transferred my qx mobile to it. Bluetooth and wifi built in. I might be able to let one go without the barcode if you are interested.
Greensboro NC
Old 02-15-2012, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I honestly don't why even more people don't give Service Autopilot a go. I don't think anything beats the scheduling they have.