Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Service autopilot offers a lot. The more you want/need, the more you pay. It is cloud based only, a little concern to me. They do seem to have great customer service though.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticolawnllc View Post
I want something to do my scheduling. I have QB for billing. How is gopher for scheduling? How many accounts can it handle and do they keep hitting you up with monthly charges?

I just don't want to pay every month. I feel like they have me by the balls. It takes forever to input information and if i want to switch I would have to start over. I like owning my stuff. That way on one can take it away with higher fees or B.S.
dontknow, we dont have actual scheduling software dont ask!!!

we use QB too for accounting, like so many do.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarps View Post
I honestly don't why even more people don't give Service Autopilot a go. I don't think anything beats the scheduling they have.
you know, you are right. what is the cost? we want the ability to put in on up to 4 comps as well, this i know is capable with LP. i only hear good things about service auto pilot though, so........
Old 02-16-2012, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Gopher is a complete joke. I just bought it and it has no help menus on my computer. Now I had to buy a new computer and I cant back up my files...it wont do it. I spent over 40hrs setting it up and now everything is lost. What a ******* waste of $200 bucks and my valuable time. I guess I will pay my accountant to set up my quickbooks and spend another 250.00 for software. Thanks Gopher!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Dont use gopher...no backup and extremely slow support if any
Old 02-16-2012, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I checked out Gopher way back in the beginning and ended up going with LP. Well it's now a few years later and I'm needing a change. I think it really boils down to if you're going to end up being serious about it, you're eventually going to have to spend the money. I appreciate the "entry level" software in the beginning, especially when you don't know what you have a need of. I think next season, we will be looking into billmasternow.
I've heard good things about them. Especially the fact that they can tailor fit it to YOUR needs. It's up there in price with the others but like I said, if you're going to get serious about it, the expenditures going to come one way or another.
Unless you want to use spreadsheets and shoe boxes that is.

http://www.customizedbusinesssoftware.com/Home_Page.php
Old 02-17-2012, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Member

There is a new developing software called lawn aid. You can find it at www.lawnaid.com . I've messed with it a little bit and its off to a decent start, not perfect, nothing is. Service Auto Pilot is seems pricey to me but looks very complete.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Lawnaids website looked reel nice. I had a question and called the phone number several times with no answer. I sent two or three messages thru their website and almost a week later, still no reply. It looks real nice, but that means noticing when you need support
Old 02-17-2012, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockie View Post
Lawnaids website looked reel nice. I had a question and called the phone number several times with no answer. I sent two or three messages thru their website and almost a week later, still no reply. It looks real nice, but that means noticing when you need support
Lawnpro and lawnaid are the same company. Don't be sorry if you order this and you have no support. Google Lawnpro and Lawnaid and hopefully you will make the right decision.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2012, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

quickbooks simple start is free for 20 customers and then you pay when you need more than 20. Not so expensive for basic. I don't know why anyone really needs scheduling software anyway. I just write down what I did each day on a planner and go back a week or 2 and see who's due again. Why spend all your time inputting data in a software? Then it rains and throws your whole schedule off and etc.. JMO..

P.s. I had lawn pro software years ago and it was not user friendly or helpful, plus I think they put some kind of spyware in as well. My anti virus software would always flag it when I ran it.