Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-01-2012, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Cornerstone makes a generic 41% product with surfactant 2.5 glns. about $34 @ Helena Chemical. I combine it with Knockdown also @ Helena Chem $85 2.5 glns. Total burn down in 36 hours.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
I mix at 2% I think you should get like 125 gallons at that rate. It's a lot cheaper for me to spray once than to have to repeat it.
I like your thinking
Old 02-01-2012, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-ville native View Post
Guys,

I ended buying 2.5 gallons of the generic 41% GLY from Florida Irrigation Supply for $37. Pretty good deal and should last me a long time. Do those of you who use this recommend doing a mix of .5% or 1%? I'm just using it for bed maintenance so I don't need to go heavy. I'm thinking .5% because that's what it calls for for annual weeds 6" tall or less.
Did you check out the prices on Trimmer Line and Edger Blades too? They are a good source for me to get those products cheaper than anywhere else.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Did you check out the prices on Trimmer Line and Edger Blades too? They are a good source for me to get those products cheaper than anywhere else.
Yes I did. Their edger blades were $.80 each and trimmer line was like $25 for a 3 pound spool. Decent prices, but there's a family owned mower shop that sells me edger blades for .$50 each, which is unbeatable!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Yes I did. Their edger blades were $.80 each and trimmer line was like $25 for a 3 pound spool. Decent prices, but there's a family owned mower shop that sells me edger blades for .$50 each, which is unbeatable!
I am not positive on what the cost is per blade I just know it was way below what I could find it before but I buy them buy the case at FIS. I want to say you get in the neighborhood of .37 each when you do it that way. I figure I am going to go through them so might as well save on them. It helps too because I always have enough on hand. But that is just a FYI - if you got someone you like doing business with by all means...but they sold me with the edger blades and the trimmer line...the trimmer line was about $10 cheaper than the exact same rotary brand trimmer line I got from my dealer. As if you can get on their mailing list - they mail out flyers every month which sometimes they run really good prices on palm fertilizer, irrigation heads if you replace them and hand tools such as shovels and pruners.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
I am not positive on what the cost is per blade I just know it was way below what I could find it before but I buy them buy the case at FIS. I want to say you get in the neighborhood of .37 each when you do it that way. I figure I am going to go through them so might as well save on them. It helps too because I always have enough on hand. But that is just a FYI - if you got someone you like doing business with by all means...but they sold me with the edger blades and the trimmer line...the trimmer line was about $10 cheaper than the exact same rotary brand trimmer line I got from my dealer. As if you can get on their mailing list - they mail out flyers every month which sometimes they run really good prices on palm fertilizer, irrigation heads if you replace them and hand tools such as shovels and pruners.
wow good deal at $.37. I guess the guy working there gave me the price that it would be if I bought only one. The guy seemed clueless. He had to look up all the prices and didn't know any of the answers to my questions about the weed killer.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
wow good deal at $.37. I guess the guy working there gave me the price that it would be if I bought only one. The guy seemed clueless. He had to look up all the prices and didn't know any of the answers to my questions about the weed killer.
Their prices are based under what table rating you fall under I believe.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
They are not experts on chemicals...so you need to know what you want or experiment when going there for that....irrigation....they know their stuff generally at least here. Now with that said the manager is generally working at my local FIS and he is the one I deal with, on occasion I have dealt with some of the help and understand what you are talking about. But yes ask them about hat your bulk/case price would be.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Member

"Fully Loaded Surfactant"

Quote:
I have been using Round-up but I'm looking for something cheaper that is equally effective. I came across Compare-N-Save Grass & Weed killer at Home Depot. It contains 41% Glyphosate. The 2.5 gallon bottle costs $40 and it makes 210 gallons and covers 630,000 square feet. The 1 gallon bottle costs $20 and it makes 85 gallons and covers 25,000 square feet. This sounds like a great deal. Anybody ever use it? Here's the link: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
Getting it delivered free from Home Depot is worth the dollar or two I would spend driving around shopping. I called the company and they said it was "fully loaded with surfactant" meaning it had 15% surfactant. No need mix anything but water.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
Getting it delivered free from Home Depot is worth the dollar or two I would spend driving around shopping. I called the company and they said it was "fully loaded with surfactant" meaning it had 15% surfactant. No need mix anything but water.
Great Point Smith

Ag people talk about Loaded and unloaded Material. Chinese Gly that sells at $ 9.00 a gallon would be 4 pound unloaded Material while a Monsanto made generic would be 4 pound Loaded material. The 4 Pounds stands for the weight of the Active chemical in a gallon of that product. Or course load or unloaded stands for the surfactants.

BTW Yes Monsanto makes a lot of the Generic Gly we are seeing on the market. Look for establishment number on the EPA number code to tell where or who made the product. Monsanto Generic Gly is normally original Roundup Formulation, not Roundup Pro.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.