Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-26-2002, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Chevy truck problem used for lawn business

Well I would tell you the whole story of the problems I recently had with my 2001 Chevy 3500 truck I had but that would take a year. If you are experiencing engine knock and or oil comsumption in a GM truck with a 6.0 L engine than please read on.
I just recently got my truck purchased back on a buy back. This took a year to get done and I had to get help from the BBB and the state attorney generals office.
My truck was in the shop a total of 5 months in the year and a half I owned it. It had one new engine put in it and it was just as bad as the one that that was in it before. This truck cost me $1000's of dollars to own and to get rid of it
If you need information or help in getting your truck bought back I am willing to tell you how I was able to get this done.
Rodney
573-288-5296
Old 11-26-2002, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

whether it be Chevy or Ford sometimes you get a lemon . my old boss bought a ford F250 back in 89 and he had nothing but trouble with it . his partner got one at the same time same truck and never had a lick of probloms . Ford finaly replaced it after it spent much of the first year in the shop
Old 11-26-2002, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Member

I was told that potentially 10,000 other trucks/engines may have this problem by the Service manager at the dealership. I have in writing that they not only know there is no cure for the problem but they are not even working to correct the defect.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Addict

Next time you will know to get a Ford!
Old 11-27-2002, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by greenman
Next time you will know to get a Ford!

Some people learn slower than others.
Old 11-30-2002, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Rodney

I also have a 2001 3500 with a 6.0L. Have been in the shop twice with it. Gobbles about 3-4 qts oil between changes and makes a tick for 30 seconds on startup. Have been through the wringer and bottom line they offer me a extended warranty no charge. I now have 28,000 on it and plan on putting it in the shop for the winter. I want the noise gone, not an extended warranty which is no good since they won't honor the existing warranty. Any info you could give me greatly appreciated. Maybe AOL IM, or email. I can't see the phone working well we quite a distance apart. feel free to contact me please ksland@adelphia.net and AOL IM ksland
Old 11-30-2002, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Just curious, what is a 6.0 liter engine? Gas or diesel/ What size is it in cubic inches? I have not really kept up with chevy engine info.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Member

The 6.0 is a gas engine ,i think it replaces the 350 5.7 gas.
The problem Sounds like the piston slap ford ,chevy , toyota have been haveing in some of their gas engine's .
The ford gas 5.4 and the chevy 6.0 gas engine both are causeing a lot of owners to pull all their hair out.
I have not heard much about dodge piston slap in their gas engines like the chevy and ford gas engines.
Old 12-02-2002, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Member

This is the gas engine that replaced the 350.
The dealership has told me that the have a defective piston or something which causes excessive carbon build up in the engine. That admit the defect but until more people complain or get there vehicles bought back they will not recall them. It's like the Firestone tires. Until someone gets hurt or dies it is cheaper to fight a consumer than it is to admit a problem.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Some friends of mine have found an attorney that is taking on several cases against GM
If you find yourself at a deadend and are still having problems in regards to that motor. I will be happy to provide his name and number.
They have a Tahoe that shuts down running 65 down the highway. Once it locked the steering and put them into a ditch.