Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-27-2002, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, but GM would give him 0% for three years and better rates for 5 years, or he can take a rebate larger than Fords instead. Sucks, but it's true The kicker though is he has points that should be as good as $4000 cash. In other words take your best deal and the $4000 is like an added down payment. I wish Ford had a rewards card as good as GM's.

Basically Barkley is getting the truck at invoice, getting the rebate (which is every bit as high as Ford's) or getting a good financing rate in lieu of the rebate (which seems to be lower than Fords if financed longer). But the kicker is the $4K he has sitting there.

It would be a tough decision for me, I'd honestly like to say I would skip it and buy the Ford, but I don't know.
Old 11-27-2002, 12:10 PM

Quote:
It would be a tough decision for me, I'd honestly like to say I would skip it and buy the Ford, but I don't know

No brainer for me. When I bought my last truck in 00 I went right to what I wanted. Didn't even look at the off brands.
Old 11-27-2002, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

chevy does have an odd line up. they also have a 1500 HD if you were interested.

That's a weird deal. They call it a 1500, but it has 8 lug wheels and 8600 GVWR. So it's actually a heavy 3/4 ton. Anymore, the 1/2, 3/4 and 1 ton designations are meaningless. The 1/2 tons can carry about a ton, the 3/4's 1 1/2 to 2 and 1 tons 2 tons or more.

Barleymutt, I prefer Fords to the other two, but for $4K I would jump ship in a heartbeat. Stock out of the box, all three trucks will do what you want more or less equally well.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

they had a 1500 snowplow prep package at one point too
(maybe still do).

yet the 2500 extended cab 4x4 for 2002 didn't have snowplow prep available

i love gm, but it's tough to figure out the thinking sometimes.

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 11-27-2002, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

WhenI bought my F-250 P/S, last May. They asked if I knew anybody that worked for Ford, I said no. They said if I did you get another 4000.00 off, well I went to work and talked to some friends about it, a lady said she had a cousin that worked for Ford, my salesman called him and got his PIN # and I got 4000.00 off and financed for 3.9%. That was the x,y or maybe z plan can't remember what it was. But if you know anybody it will save you, but then again I don't know if they still offer that plan.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wriken
WhenI bought my F-250 P/S, last May. They asked if I knew anybody that worked for Ford, I said no. They said if I did you get another 4000.00 off, well I went to work and talked to some friends about it, a lady said she had a cousin that worked for Ford, my salesman called him and got his PIN # and I got 4000.00 off and financed for 3.9%. That was the x,y or maybe z plan can't remember what it was. But if you know anybody it will save you, but then again I don't know if they still offer that plan.
It's X. Friends and Family and Partner program. I have it and bought my Bullitt with it and if I ever get around to buying a new SuperDuty, I'll use it for that A lot of big company's employees qualify for it as well. Ford employees have, I think, 4 a year to give out to friends or whoever. They may have just released another one to employees recently, bringing the total to 5 this year. It is A Plan + 4% + $150. On a big ticket item like a XLT 4X4 PSD, it will likely work out to just below invoice. The great thing is it is a no haggle system. The price is set in stone and they can't hit you up for the fees that dealerships tend to add. I have a link to X Plan pricing on vehicles that are in stock. You can search a local dealers inventory and it shows the window sticker and X price. If anyone wants to see it I will post it. On a $40000 truck it will be in the neighborhood of $5000 off of sticker, plus you get whatever rebates are available to. So it could work out to about $6500 to $7500 in savings

Most larger dealers will have no problem X planning a vehicle like a truck, it's the limited production vehicles that they are hesitant doing. Like I said before, it is about equal to invoice, but without the hassle of negotiating the price.
Old 11-27-2002, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Member

My dad, got 2250$ rebate and the employee discount on a brand new gmc sierra hd2500.
I believe it was close to 10k in discounts and rebates and gm card points.
Old 11-27-2002, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The 3500 is now a dually, the 2500 HD takes place of the 3500 single rear wheel. Kind of confusing.
Old 11-28-2002, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Barkleymut,there is no difference between the frame,trans,cooling or any other things on the 2500HD or 3500.The differences lie in the rear axle,the 3500 is dually only,and has stiffer springs and larger brakes.The 9200GVWR on the 2500HD actually equals the 9900 GVWR of the Dodge/Ford SRW 3500s due to the GM's being much lighter trucks. The axle ratio you should get depends on the engine you are getting,if your getting the 6.0,get 4.10s.If you get the 8100 Allision get 3.73.The duramax has 3.73 only.Good luck with your new truck.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

of course remember they have a 3/4 ton avalanche with snow plow prep if you like the look

Sir Winston Churchill