Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-31-2012, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Wash Safe!

If you dont know about Wash-Safe products yet check them out. Im in no way affiliated with them I just really like the product. Bought it and gave it a try on my own home and its excellent. Will not harm grass or plants no worrys about streaking paint and so fourth check it out. http://www.wash-safe.com/

DR 30'' WB Brush Mower
Dewalt pressure washer
Echo backpack blower
Echo Chainsaw 16"
Echo stick edger
Echo trimmer
Old 01-31-2012, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Roof Cleaning solution

What is the dwell time on this product? I have seen some that take several weeks.

Is this roof cleaning solution approved by the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA)?

Marcus Raif - (281) 392-2304
www.k-mpw.com
Please Click "Like Us" on Facebook
Old 02-01-2012, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I Just sprayed it on let it sit for about 10 - 15 minutes to work and used the pressure washer to spray off, Cleans right up instantly only thing I would recommend is mixing just a little bit more then it says to, Works really great and its worry free from harming anything. Not to sure if it is approved by them but it is an Echo Safe product.
DR 30'' WB Brush Mower
Dewalt pressure washer
Echo backpack blower
Echo Chainsaw 16"
Echo stick edger
Echo trimmer
Old 02-01-2012, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Welcome Marcus. Pressure washing a roof will void it's warranty. Not a product I would ever use.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure Washing Cleve View Post
Welcome Marcus. Pressure washing a roof will void it's warranty. Not a product I would ever use.
Thanks Tom. I agree with you as that is what the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association's technical bulletin states also.

However this might be an interesting product depending on its cost. Usually we never rinse the roof after applying our roof cleaning solution unless it does not have gutters. Then we wash it off from the ground by using a pressure washer with a 0 deg injector tip and spraying water above the roof. This allows it to fall to the roof like rain and it does not bother the roof because you are not applying high pressure.

Katy Memorial Roof Cleaning & Power Washing is Houston Texas oldest (founded in 1994) roof cleaning company. When I started this company used pump up hand sprayers. The cost for cleaning a roof was expensive then. The prices have dropped considerably in the last several years due to better equipment, methods for applying the solution, and increased competition by new roof cleaners.

www.k-mpw.com
Old 02-04-2012, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure Washing Cleve View Post
It seems like every time we see a new product that is supposed to be the new best thing, it always requires a pressure washer to rinse it off. As Marcus stated, the ARMA bulletin and every roof manufacturer states, never use a pressure washer on a roof, unless it's done as Marcus does in rinsing.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Junk. Nothing more than sodium percarbonate that can be bought for 75cents/pound. If it require the use of a pressure washer to finish the job, then it isn't doing what it needs to do. Roof cleaning with right chems need no pressure washer at all. House washing with proper chems can be rinsed with a garden hose. Sorry, just get irked when I see these folks get by with claiming our bleach is bad. Use it day in and day out without harming anything.
Nothing against OP, just telling my side for others benefit so they don't waste the money. The sooner these oxy-bleach folks get exposed and go out of business, the better.
Awesome Pressure Washing and Great Cleaning Service
Follow us on Facebook.. facebook.com/powerwash
Old 02-06-2012, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpwllc View Post
junk. Nothing more than sodium percarbonate that can be bought for 75cents/pound. If it require the use of a pressure washer to finish the job, then it isn't doing what it needs to do. Roof cleaning with right chems need no pressure washer at all. House washing with proper chems can be rinsed with a garden hose. Sorry, just get irked when i see these folks get by with claiming our bleach is bad. Use it day in and day out without harming anything.
Nothing against op, just telling my side for others benefit so they don't waste the money. The sooner these oxy-bleach folks get exposed and go out of business, the better.
+1...........
Old 02-06-2012, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
Junk. Nothing more than sodium percarbonate that can be bought for 75cents/pound. If it require the use of a pressure washer to finish the job, then it isn't doing what it needs to do. Roof cleaning with right chems need no pressure washer at all. House washing with proper chems can be rinsed with a garden hose. Sorry, just get irked when I see these folks get by with claiming our bleach is bad. Use it day in and day out without harming anything.
Nothing against OP, just telling my side for others benefit so they don't waste the money. The sooner these oxy-bleach folks get exposed and go out of business, the better.
Good post! +1 Tell it like it is. That is what I like about you.

www.k-mpw.com