Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Magna-Matic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Magna-Matic Lawn Mower Blade Balancers, Sharpeners, and more

Old 11-26-2002, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Balancer

Gerd

One more question. I have talk to many lawn mower shops about balancing blades. A lot of them use a $3.00 balancer. I should them that you can put a washer on the blade and move the washer out slowly to the end. It will not change the balance until you move the washer almost to the end. They tell me it does not matter if you use a cheap one or a expensive balancer. They say, its very rare that spindle bearings are replaced. So, why balance them with expensive balancers. I told them that it would cut down on vibration, they say you will never see the difference even if you don"t balance them. Wast of money?

Thanks

Firefighter
Old 11-27-2002, 03:44 PM
Sponsor

Balancer mis-conceptions

Hello Firefighter,

I have heard this opinion/attitude many times. This is a very "old" way of thinking and doing things. I have talked to many lawn care pros, who have had to replace spindles. This is an expensive repair bill.

But yes you are also correct in that you will see a significant reduction in vibration after balancing - which will extend the over all life of the mower and increase forward cutting speeds.

Please read this thread from a very skeptical lawn care pro who gave MAGNA-MATIC products a chance - and now would not give them up. The post is mostly about sharpeners, but the 2nd to last post he also mentions the benefits of having our BALANCER.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...threadid=29793

If you have anyother questions please ask,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp

Last edited by Magna-Matic; 11-27-2002 at 04:07 PM..
Old 03-29-2003, 06:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I was leary of spending $158.00 on a blade balancer but once I did and used my new Magna-Matic 1000 balancer for the first time I am now a true believer! With the cone type I was not even CLOSE. This thing is truly worth every penny.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:40 AM
Sponsor

Hello,

Thank you for the kind words - the best advice i can give is try our equipment - and if you don't like it or do not believe it you always have the option to return it in 30 days.

http://www.magna-matic.com/support/mag-guarantee.html

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 03-30-2003, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

TJLC;
I also have a 1000 balancer, and also talk to dealers who use the cone balancers, some people are just stuck thinking *** backwards. The 1000 is $158.00, what do you think if you tried talking to these same people about a mag-8000 sharpener..
Before I recieved the 8000 myself, I was leary of the cost. After useing it for the first time really blew me away. Very easy, and Very Fast... I can't stress the speed of the machine..

Lou
Old 03-30-2003, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fatboy5803
TJLC;
I also have a 1000 balancer, and also talk to dealers who use the cone balancers, some people are just stuck thinking *** backwards. The 1000 is $158.00, what do you think if you tried talking to these same people about a mag-8000 sharpener..
Before I recieved the 8000 myself, I was leary of the cost. After useing it for the first time really blew me away. Very easy, and Very Fast... I can't stress the speed of the machine..

If their sharpener is half as good as their balancer it is well worth it, IMO. I currently use an Rbg but will look seriously at the magna-matic brand next time.

Lou
Old 03-30-2003, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

TJLC

I have never used another dedicated blade sharpener, Allot of people use the Rbg grinder. How does it work for you ?? I'd really like to see or try one in operation, just to see the difference.. Going from a bench grinder to this mag-8000 was unbelievable.
Good Luck with the mag-1000...

Lou
Old 03-31-2003, 07:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The Rbg seems to work fine but that's all I use so I can't compare it with anything else. When it's time to replace it I will definately look at a Magna-matic model.