Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-03-2012, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Echo PB410 blower any decent?

Tax returns are coming and I'm looking to possibly get a new blower. I currently have a very light duty Homelite backpacker blower and it has cold start issues and isn't very powerful.

I'm looking at the Echo PB410 mainly because I like the all metal construction and it looks to be a very heavy duty blower that will last.

I'm looking for an all around decent blower. One that will be decent at blowing grass clippings off drive/walk ways to blowing leaves around this fall.

I have also looked into the redmax line but I really like the all metal design of the PB410. From what I have found it forces out 175MPH and 630cfm at housing end.

Would this blower be decent for what I'm looking for? Or would a Redmax be the way to go?
Old 02-03-2012, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

If you got time to kill the echo is a nice machine very light
We used these machines back in the seventies when redmax wasnít around with these models
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2012, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know a lot of people use redmax but from what I hear the Echo PB410 is really reliable and will last.

As long as the PB410 can handle a little of both worlds (blowing clippings, blowing leaves) and be halfway decent at both I would be happy with it.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That is the loudest blower on the face of the earth. It's also the dirtiest running blower that'll
make your eyes burn and give you a chronic pulmonary disease that'll make you wake
up every morning with a sickly congested cough. My next door neighbor has one.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If its that loud I may really want to consider getting the Redmax then. I don't want to wake the neighborhood when I'm working in the morning.

Now the question is which Redmax would be the best to get? I don't mind spending $600 if its absolutely worth every penny.

As I said in my original post I want a blower that will be fine for both blowing clippings, and doing leaf removal.

I really like the Redmax but am stuck on which one to get. Do I need the EBZ8500RH or is the EBZ7500RH good enough? I don't think the price difference is THAT much really.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've never been a fan of midsize blowers. For a few bucks more you will have power to spare which means less throttle, less noise and faster completion. The all metal construction is actually for the purpose of being converted to an arbor mister.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-04-2012, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats very true and plus I know itll be amazing at blowing leaves. I didnt know that about the echo.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-04-2012, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

From my memory, that is quite an expensive blower for only a 40cc, sub 400cfm. It is loud and weak. For the money, you can get a lot of blowers. You can get Husky 150Bt( Redmax) for $300, You can get Stihl BR380 for about $327. Or you can go one up to the big blower like Maruyama BL8100 ( Kawasaki KRB750) 65cc for a little over $400.

The Mauryama/Kawi is almost as quiet as the medium size blowers. With a big blower, you don't have to rev as high to get the same power, the noise is even lower. I suspect if you partial throttle to match the max power of the medium size blowers, this would be quieter. You can never get too much power. It is 2lbs lighter than the PB410!!! I have this one and it's been very good to me.

If you want a small blower like this, you might as well get a hand held blower like Maruyama BL3100. It has much higher cfm, much quieter and at only about $220. If engine is the same, a hand held blower is going to big much stronger than a bp because the hand held has straight and shorter tube. That's just physics. The Maru is 30cc 1.7hp, It might even match the power of the old Echo.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Echo 770t and be done for years. Great on leafs cleanups.
Big Tex 60SP 6.5x16 trailer
John Deere ZTRs 925aEFI 60" 920a 60" 910a 54" (2)
John Deere 7H17/WG32A
Honda HRC216HXA 21" (2)
Little Wonder Leaf Loader and Optimax 570V
Echo/Stihl handheld service equipment
Husquvarna 445/395XP
Western Pro Plus 8.5/ SnowEx SP-1075
Toro 826 OE Snow Thrower
American Family Ins
"making the st.louis area beautiful one lawn at a time"
Old 02-04-2012, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

They are the best blowers imo. We use them in the spring and summer for weekly cleanup. They have plenty of power for cleaning off sidewalks and flowerbeds. The noise is not any worse than most other blowers on the market. They also last way longer because they are a good ole dirty two stroke with a old school design. I love mine.
Posted via Mobile Device