Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #331  
Old 05-17-2012, 08:52 PM
noahb195's Avatar
noahb195 noahb195 is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Posts: 947
I have that hedge trimmer. Its the bees knees. But it sure does get heavy after swinging it all day.
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Copacabana Copacabana is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb195 View Post
I have that hedge trimmer. Its the bees knees. But it sure does get heavy after swinging it all day.
How long you have yours and how do you like it?
__________________
Link to my trucks, equipment and work.
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=369826
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:33 PM
noahb195's Avatar
noahb195 noahb195 is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabana View Post
How long you have yours and how do you like it?
Ive had it for about a year and a half. I took it out to trim roads at the hunt club and it did fantastic! It can cut through limbs like an inch or so. But it does like the fuel though. Great hedge trimmer in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:40 PM
lawnpropm's Avatar
lawnpropm lawnpropm is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabana View Post
Yeah, I agree with that saying! The problem with becoming an Installation only company is that it requires a whole lot more advertisement and you got to make sure every job you do gets you a couple of referrals (which you should do no matter what business you're in). I think the way to becoming a successful landscaping company starts with maintenance but at some point in the near future you got to be doing more jobs than mowing to actually be able to get money out and invest in building a "secure" future for your family.
If you don't mind me asking how much and what type of advertising you do now?? Im betting you get alot word of mouth. Do you ever do any door hangers or postcards?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 05-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Copacabana Copacabana is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnpropm View Post
If you don't mind me asking how much and what type of advertising you do now?? Im betting you get alot word of mouth. Do you ever do any door hangers or postcards?
Posted via Mobile Device
No, 100% of our work comes from referrals, trucks, website and yard signs (real estate style). I always ask our clients to refer us to their friends and family and they actually do. I do 1,000 postcards a year and they all go out for aeration season (I love the money in aeration and seeding).
__________________
Link to my trucks, equipment and work.
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=369826
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 05-18-2012, 06:18 AM
TriCityLawnCareLLC's Avatar
TriCityLawnCareLLC TriCityLawnCareLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 946
You may have answered this somewhere, so forgive me but is your shop at your house? Thats what it appears to be from the pics.
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 05-18-2012, 07:23 AM
Copacabana Copacabana is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
You may have answered this somewhere, so forgive me but is your shop at your house? Thats what it appears to be from the pics.
Yes it is. I want to stay in my house for as long as I can. I'm extremely organized and aware of noises for my neighbors. I made a 120ft x 40ft private gravel area for the business with 6ft privacy fence around.
__________________
Link to my trucks, equipment and work.
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=369826
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 05-18-2012, 10:30 PM
TriCityLawnCareLLC's Avatar
TriCityLawnCareLLC TriCityLawnCareLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabana View Post
Yes it is. I want to stay in my house for as long as I can. I'm extremely organized and aware of noises for my neighbors. I made a 120ft x 40ft private gravel area for the business with 6ft privacy fence around.
Ah, interesting. I'm facing the same dilemma. My trucks aren't as big as yours though. I too stay very organized and keep noise to a minimum. I've had thoughts of just expanding my garage out and back. Making it three care and deep enough to be able to back truck and trailer right in. This is my wife & I first home (I'm 25) and I don't know what having a large garage would do for re-sale value though. Anyhow, i like the gravel and the privacy fence.
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 05-20-2012, 05:38 AM
landscaper2009 landscaper2009 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek, Arizona
Posts: 21
Class act very professional looking set-up. Much respect for you and the way you run your outfit. I am allways looking for ways to improve.
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 05-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Copacabana Copacabana is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
Ah, interesting. I'm facing the same dilemma. My trucks aren't as big as yours though. I too stay very organized and keep noise to a minimum. I've had thoughts of just expanding my garage out and back. Making it three care and deep enough to be able to back truck and trailer right in. This is my wife & I first home (I'm 25) and I don't know what having a large garage would do for re-sale value though. Anyhow, i like the gravel and the privacy fence.
I say you should look into making the garage bigger, I had a 60'x40' with two 10'x10' doors built in my 2nd home (in the country) 3 years ago. In the 2008 horrible market, I was able to sell it in two weeks because of the garage. My experience is that big garages will sell your home for you. Good luck
__________________
Link to my trucks, equipment and work.
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=369826
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:18 PM.

Page generated in 0.07576 seconds with 8 queries