Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-20-2013, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Copacabana I had your number but lost it could you shoot me a text or call me I had a few questions thanks 7574090715
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2013, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to LawnSite. Those NPRs are off the chain.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Which stander is better

Check out the scag. I manage the service department for a repair shop that has stores in 6 states and we have one location in Richmond, I'm just getting back into doing fert work nowadays.
But hands down I have very few problems out of the Scags we sell. The Toro's and Exmark's are nothing but problem children. too many leak points, a motor that moves up and down with the deck is never good, the front end is too light and bounces too easily. The springs break and changing belts on those--well I hope you have small hands and arms.

The Scags are bullet proof. biggest discharge chute in the industry largest cutter deck front to back for more vacuum and better cut. the spindles are the same for the v-ride all the way through the turf tiger.Easy lift deck, no bounce on the front end. There's just shy of 150 lbs more metal in the decks of Scags to Toros or Exmarks. one piece split steel pulleys, no riveted or stamped pulleys like T or E. and the blade bolt goes through the spindle top to bottom. No bolts that are screwed into the spindles.

And if you buy one now Scag is offering a fleet price for V-rides. Saving around 2k depending on set up.

Check out the scag website and look at how well it stripes right out of the box. You wont be disappointed.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Thumbs up

Hey man, glad to hear all is going well! Best of luck!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Completely agree there greenstar services, I feel the same way about walk behinds.... We used to run a lot of Scag but we had a 36 advantage walk behind, belt driven, this thing was bulletproof... any condition! it cut sooooo good! People say that the belts get wet..... yes, they do, but nothing happens!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just read the whole thread! Very inspiring, and i Love your set up! Makes me want to go mulch!

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock Lawns View Post
Copacabana I had your number but lost it could you shoot me a text or call me I had a few questions thanks 7574090715
Posted via Mobile Device
Send me a PM with your question. I'll try to answer as fast as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlawncaresvc View Post
Welcome to LawnSite. Those NPRs are off the chain.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstar Services LLC View Post
Check out the scag. I manage the service department for a repair shop that has stores in 6 states and we have one location in Richmond, I'm just getting back into doing fert work nowadays.
But hands down I have very few problems out of the Scags we sell. The Toro's and Exmark's are nothing but problem children. too many leak points, a motor that moves up and down with the deck is never good, the front end is too light and bounces too easily. The springs break and changing belts on those--well I hope you have small hands and arms.

The Scags are bullet proof. biggest discharge chute in the industry largest cutter deck front to back for more vacuum and better cut. the spindles are the same for the v-ride all the way through the turf tiger.Easy lift deck, no bounce on the front end. There's just shy of 150 lbs more metal in the decks of Scags to Toros or Exmarks. one piece split steel pulleys, no riveted or stamped pulleys like T or E. and the blade bolt goes through the spindle top to bottom. No bolts that are screwed into the spindles.

And if you buy one now Scag is offering a fleet price for V-rides. Saving around 2k depending on set up.

Check out the scag website and look at how well it stripes right out of the box. You wont be disappointed.
Thanks for the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman1 View Post
Hey man, glad to hear all is going well! Best of luck!!!
Thanks again! Same to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Completely agree there greenstar services, I feel the same way about walk behinds.... We used to run a lot of Scag but we had a 36 advantage walk behind, belt driven, this thing was bulletproof... any condition! it cut sooooo good! People say that the belts get wet..... yes, they do, but nothing happens!
Thanks for the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNSLighting View Post
Just read the whole thread! Very inspiring, and i Love your set up! Makes me want to go mulch!
Thank you!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm working on a few designs between studying and working. It's not easy working full time, studying part-time and being the head of a family full time. Anyways... What do you guys thing about this design. It's the only one I'm not in love with and would like some tips on making it better.

All help will be appreciated!!!!
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2013, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabana View Post
I'm working on a few designs between studying and working. It's not easy working full time, studying part-time and being the head of a family full time. Anyways... What do you guys thing about this design. It's the only one I'm not in love with and would like some tips on making it better.

All help will be appreciated!!!!
Design look nice! What program do you use for the design? Is it real time landscape?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-24-2013, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleen Kutz View Post
Design look nice! What program do you use for the design? Is it real time landscape?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! I use an app on my Ipad, called iScape. Very, very annoying to work with . For now, I have to use it though!