Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-24-2013, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

One more design I like but I'm not sure on the color I choose for the retaining wall. She was very specific about using ALOT of pink. Any input on this one?
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2013, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Everything looks good man

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 02-24-2013, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Member

For the second design, I like the setup, but the wall color I'm not the biggest fan of. Everything is a darker brown, the house, the mulch, etc...It might not look as bad after it fades a bit, but with brand new block, my attention is immediately right at the walls, not the other aspects that make the yard nice. I'm not saying to go with a dark color wall, but something that doesn't take so much attention away from the other aspects of the property. I'd play around and try to find a happy medium. Just my opinion! From reading the thread, I'm sure whatever you go with will look great, you do good work!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey bud. I am not an expert by far, but one thing to think about on the first design is your proposed plantings on the border. Looks like you have aztec grass or dianella, I can't tell. But anyway, think about in the future when they get older and more mature they may grow and flop over the edges since you have them really close to the edge. This may cause problems for the string trimmer trying to keep an edge on the beds week after week. This may be especially true if you guys maintain the yard after project is complete. Also this may look good with half as many of the border planting to save money for client and not look crowded. Just a thought, good luck!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Member

First of all, great thread. You have a very professional image and your work shows great too. I attached a picture I did with my program of the first picture, i like yours, i just enjoy playing around with my program and I know I like different perspectives. The second rendering of yours, plant layout is great, but you are right about the wall color, definately need something more muted. My eyes were immediately drawn to the walls. Again awesome thread.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Here it is..
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2013, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
Everything looks good man
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockmanLawnscape View Post
For the second design, I like the setup, but the wall color I'm not the biggest fan of. Everything is a darker brown, the house, the mulch, etc...It might not look as bad after it fades a bit, but with brand new block, my attention is immediately right at the walls, not the other aspects that make the yard nice. I'm not saying to go with a dark color wall, but something that doesn't take so much attention away from the other aspects of the property. I'd play around and try to find a happy medium. Just my opinion! From reading the thread, I'm sure whatever you go with will look great, you do good work!
Thank you for your advice! This program I'm using is not the greatest and it doesn't have ANY other color for that style. I emailed it to her and she loved it !!! I might suggest a darker color blocks when I come pick up the deposit to start the project but I closed the deal so I may leave it alone . Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Reedy View Post
Hey bud. I am not an expert by far, but one thing to think about on the first design is your proposed plantings on the border. Looks like you have aztec grass or dianella, I can't tell. But anyway, think about in the future when they get older and more mature they may grow and flop over the edges since you have them really close to the edge. This may cause problems for the string trimmer trying to keep an edge on the beds week after week. This may be especially true if you guys maintain the yard after project is complete. Also this may look good with half as many of the border planting to save money for client and not look crowded. Just a thought, good luck!
Thank you for your advice! This customer really likes the look of "monkey grass", that's the border plant. I think you are right about fewer plants so it doesn't look too crowded. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Greenscapes View Post
First of all, great thread. You have a very professional image and your work shows great too. I attached a picture I did with my program of the first picture, i like yours, i just enjoy playing around with my program and I know I like different perspectives. The second rendering of yours, plant layout is great, but you are right about the wall color, definately need something more muted. My eyes were immediately drawn to the walls. Again awesome thread.
Thank you!
What program did you use to for that design? I like the mulch and your variety of plants. Yes, that wall is too light for that setting. I just don't have any other color on my program for that style wall. I closed the deal with that picture and will most likely bring her a catalog with different tones for her to choose if she wishes to. Thanks again!!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:30 AM
LawnSite Member

If she likes the look of "monkey grass" maybe consider mondo grass instead of aztec or dianella. Just a thought.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you!
What program did you use to for that design? I like the mulch and your variety of plants. Yes, that wall is too light for that setting. I just don't have any other color on my program for that style wall. I closed the deal with that picture and will most likely bring her a catalog with different tones for her to choose if she wishes to. Thanks again!![/QUOTE]

It's the realtime landscaping program. I love it! Its super easy to use and customers are blown away, as you know, when you can use an existing picture and build the landscape onto it. It really helps seal the deal.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

im going to have to get an ipad now because of this app... haha

Visit Our Website
http://www.sticklelm.com

"Landscapes that stick out."