Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #71  
Old 02-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Copacabana Copacabana is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabana View Post
We service mostly Henrico, Goochland, Oilville, Mechanicsville and Bon Air. We also do work as far as C-ville, Gum Sprigs and Louisa. What's the name of your company? Thanks for looking!
Posted via Mobile Device
Never mind. I didn't see your business name on your signature. Maybe you'll start seeing my trucks around now that you know we exist haha.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-08-2012, 02:18 PM
DQL10's Avatar
DQL10 DQL10 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabana View Post
Never mind. I didn't see your business name on your signature. Maybe you'll start seeing my trucks around now that you know we exist haha.
Yea Im sure I will now lol. Usually anytime I actually notice another company's truck I see them all the time. Best of luck this year to ya guys and hopefully I'll see yalls work and trucks on the road!
__________________
- nate
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-08-2012, 03:07 PM
CM's CM's is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 12
How do you like the dovetail gate with the roll down door on your box truck? Mine are all the hydraulic gates, and I have been considering the dovetail style.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Copacabana Copacabana is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQL10 View Post
Yea Im sure I will now lol. Usually anytime I actually notice another company's truck I see them all the time. Best of luck this year to ya guys and hopefully I'll see yalls work and trucks on the road!
Thank you! Hope you have a great year!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Copacabana Copacabana is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM's View Post
How do you like the dovetail gate with the roll down door on your box truck? Mine are all the hydraulic gates, and I have been considering the dovetail style.
No complaints at all! I like having the extra space that the dovetail provides you. I also like the option of having the door open for the really hot months, it can get pretty hot in that box! Do you have a picture of yours I can see? You can post it here if you like. Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 02-08-2012, 06:11 PM
old oak lawn's Avatar
old oak lawn old oak lawn is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: carrsville va
Posts: 716
Love your set-up, everything looks so clean and professional. I am also in VA just outside a town called Franklin and about 20 min. from suffolk, about 2 hrs away from you. I have been to Mechanicsville a few times to buy equipment. If i can ask a few questions, why a dump trailer if the Isuzu is a dump,[ thinking most people buy a dump trailer so they wont have to buy a truck } how many years in business, and how many employees. And thanks for posting the pictures.
__________________
OLD OAK LAWN & LANDSCAPE LLC.
91 F350 DRW 460 GAS EZ-DUMP
90 CHEVY 1500 2wd - BOBCAT 753 SKID LOADER
2-TORO Z MASTER'S 25/62 JOHN DEERE 757 -25/60
LESCO Z2 25/60 TORO Z MASTER 19/52 SCAG WB/48
82 CHEVY 4X4 - MEYER'S PLOW- BILLYGOAT LOADER
83 F600- 9INCH DIESEL BRUSH BANDIT CHIPPER
8X24 SHADO MASTER V NOSE ENCLOSED
trailers -6.5X14 - 6.5X16 - 18 FT EQUIPEMET
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Copacabana Copacabana is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by old oak lawn View Post
Love your set-up, everything looks so clean and professional. I am also in VA just outside a town called Franklin and about 20 min. from suffolk, about 2 hrs away from you. I have been to Mechanicsville a few times to buy equipment. If i can ask a few questions, why a dump trailer if the Isuzu is a dump,[ thinking most people buy a dump trailer so they wont have to buy a truck } how many years in business, and how many employees. And thanks for posting the pictures.
Thanks for the complement!

I bought the dump trailer for a number of reasons.

1- I sold my toro dingo 322 to buy a toro dingo 525 or a Kubota or JD tractor, so I wanted something that had ramps to load a tractor into.
2- At the same time, mulching makes up a big percentage of my business. I can haul a lot of mulch in my 16ft dump truck (Isuzu), but I still have a lot of power when fully loaded. This year I will be loading both of them at once (30-40 yards total).

We incorporated in 07, so I count that as my start date. I currently have 3 full timers, but we go up to 8-10 guys from March 1st to June 1st and September 1st to November 15th, because of mulching, aeration and mowing.

Hope I answered your questions! Thanks for looking!
__________________
Link to my trucks, equipment and work.
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=369826
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-08-2012, 07:01 PM
mowing4rlife's Avatar
mowing4rlife mowing4rlife is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabana View Post
I found out about this website last Christmas. I thought It was very interesting and here I am starting my first post ever.

I will answer all questions and do ask for patience. I have a very busy life between running my business and taking care of my family.

I won't talk PRICE but will answer questions with my personal opinion and experience.

I never took pictures of my work and equipment other than once for my website. This year I will be leaving a camera in my personal truck, so many pictures of work will be added to this thread.

Thanks for looking everyone!
I notice you had a gravely compact 34" ztr, how do you like it? Is the maintenaces less than a walk behind?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Copacabana Copacabana is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowing4rlife View Post
I notice you had a gravely compact 34" ztr, how do you like it? Is the maintenaces less than a walk behind?
I bought it new in 2010 and have not made any major repairs on it yet. I had to fix the gas hose that goes inside the left gas tank. I also just added 2 new 20x10x10 on it, which is a must do upgrade from their horrible 19x7x10. Other than that, I love the little machine.
__________________
Link to my trucks, equipment and work.
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=369826
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-08-2012, 09:52 PM
A.T.G LAWN CARE A.T.G LAWN CARE is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: cloumbus ohio
Posts: 43
love the pics sweet truck dude
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 PM.

Page generated in 0.07569 seconds with 8 queries