Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-08-2012, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabana View Post
We service mostly Henrico, Goochland, Oilville, Mechanicsville and Bon Air. We also do work as far as C-ville, Gum Sprigs and Louisa. What's the name of your company? Thanks for looking!
Posted via Mobile Device
Never mind. I didn't see your business name on your signature. Maybe you'll start seeing my trucks around now that you know we exist haha.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Never mind. I didn't see your business name on your signature. Maybe you'll start seeing my trucks around now that you know we exist haha.
Yea Im sure I will now lol. Usually anytime I actually notice another company's truck I see them all the time. Best of luck this year to ya guys and hopefully I'll see yalls work and trucks on the road!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Member

How do you like the dovetail gate with the roll down door on your box truck? Mine are all the hydraulic gates, and I have been considering the dovetail style.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQL10 View Post
Yea Im sure I will now lol. Usually anytime I actually notice another company's truck I see them all the time. Best of luck this year to ya guys and hopefully I'll see yalls work and trucks on the road!
Thank you! Hope you have a great year!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM's View Post
How do you like the dovetail gate with the roll down door on your box truck? Mine are all the hydraulic gates, and I have been considering the dovetail style.
No complaints at all! I like having the extra space that the dovetail provides you. I also like the option of having the door open for the really hot months, it can get pretty hot in that box! Do you have a picture of yours I can see? You can post it here if you like. Thanks for looking!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Love your set-up, everything looks so clean and professional. I am also in VA just outside a town called Franklin and about 20 min. from suffolk, about 2 hrs away from you. I have been to Mechanicsville a few times to buy equipment. If i can ask a few questions, why a dump trailer if the Isuzu is a dump,[ thinking most people buy a dump trailer so they wont have to buy a truck } how many years in business, and how many employees. And thanks for posting the pictures.
2-TORO Z MASTER'S 25/62 JOHN DEERE 757 -25/60
LESCO Z2 25/60 TORO Z MASTER 19/52 SCAG WB/48
82 CHEVY 4X4 - MEYER'S PLOW- BILLYGOAT LOADER
83 F600- 9INCH DIESEL BRUSH BANDIT CHIPPER
8X24 SHADO MASTER V NOSE ENCLOSED
trailers -6.5X14 - 6.5X16 - 18 FT EQUIPEMET
Old 02-08-2012, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old oak lawn View Post
Love your set-up, everything looks so clean and professional. I am also in VA just outside a town called Franklin and about 20 min. from suffolk, about 2 hrs away from you. I have been to Mechanicsville a few times to buy equipment. If i can ask a few questions, why a dump trailer if the Isuzu is a dump,[ thinking most people buy a dump trailer so they wont have to buy a truck } how many years in business, and how many employees. And thanks for posting the pictures.
Thanks for the complement!

I bought the dump trailer for a number of reasons.

1- I sold my toro dingo 322 to buy a toro dingo 525 or a Kubota or JD tractor, so I wanted something that had ramps to load a tractor into.
2- At the same time, mulching makes up a big percentage of my business. I can haul a lot of mulch in my 16ft dump truck (Isuzu), but I still have a lot of power when fully loaded. This year I will be loading both of them at once (30-40 yards total).

We incorporated in 07, so I count that as my start date. I currently have 3 full timers, but we go up to 8-10 guys from March 1st to June 1st and September 1st to November 15th, because of mulching, aeration and mowing.

Hope I answered your questions! Thanks for looking!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I found out about this website last Christmas. I thought It was very interesting and here I am starting my first post ever.

I will answer all questions and do ask for patience. I have a very busy life between running my business and taking care of my family.

I won't talk PRICE but will answer questions with my personal opinion and experience.

I never took pictures of my work and equipment other than once for my website. This year I will be leaving a camera in my personal truck, so many pictures of work will be added to this thread.

Thanks for looking everyone!
I notice you had a gravely compact 34" ztr, how do you like it? Is the maintenaces less than a walk behind?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowing4rlife View Post
I notice you had a gravely compact 34" ztr, how do you like it? Is the maintenaces less than a walk behind?
I bought it new in 2010 and have not made any major repairs on it yet. I had to fix the gas hose that goes inside the left gas tank. I also just added 2 new 20x10x10 on it, which is a must do upgrade from their horrible 19x7x10. Other than that, I love the little machine.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

love the pics sweet truck dude