Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-09-2012, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

kirk, hope all went well on your surgery. so, do tell what price you paid for such a bag. i am very interested in that type of application. thanks
Old 02-10-2012, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for this. So 2nd number is thickness and 3rd is root growth? or just a combination? Someone told me the best all around bags to get are the 6-6-6 ones. true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusbuster View Post
Nitrogen potash sulfur

the three numbers refer to the percentage of these main elements.

nitro promotes growth which in turns greens up the lawn. the other to elements promote thickness of lawns and root growth.
All the good ferts have a percentage of iron. Chealated iron is what makes a grass green without really making your plant grow fast.

There are other products out there that contain iron and will not stain concrete or other hard surfaces, but they tend to be way more expensive.

John
Old 02-10-2012, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
kirk, hope all went well on your surgery. so, do tell what price you paid for such a bag. i am very interested in that type of application. thanks
I go in next Thursday for Pre-Op, I guess thats like paperwork, insurance and instructions prior to day of surgery and they cut the following Monday feb 20th.

As for the iron, was $40 for a 50Lb bag. Not bad concidering it was $20 locally for Ironite's brand 40 Lb bag.

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 02-10-2012, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
The guy at JDL called this morning, found a Iron product he'd like me to concider, comes in a 50 Lb bag so he e-mailed me the label.

http://lesco.johndeerelandscapes.com...ource&ID=11124

Ordered 2 bags.
The Lesco Iron Plus is a good product in my opinion compared to other products like ironite as you are getting not only the dose of Fe but you are also getting all the other micros with it. If you color issue is related to micros this product should help resolve.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
The Lesco Iron Plus is a good product in my opinion compared to other products like ironite as you are getting not only the dose of Fe but you are also getting all the other micros with it. If you color issue is related to micros this product should help resolve.
I agree. Michael turned me on to this mix last year. The micro package is excellent for getting the best color from turf. Be advised Iron is depleted pretty quickly so a quarterly app may be needed.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I agree. Michael turned me on to this mix last year. The micro package is excellent for getting the best color from turf. Be advised Iron is depleted pretty quickly so a quarterly app may be needed.
This is going to be my first time so if I see I need more I'll add it in next season but thanks

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 02-10-2012, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
I go in next Thursday for Pre-Op, I guess thats like paperwork, insurance and instructions prior to day of surgery and they cut the following Monday feb 20th.

As for the iron, was $40 for a 50Lb bag. Not bad concidering it was $20 locally for Ironite's brand 40 Lb bag.
holey smokes that is high dollar!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

do you charge more for this application being the price and ap rate?
Old 02-10-2012, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
do you charge more for this application being the price and ap rate?
Just for my personal use grassman

Then God created Women
Old 02-13-2012, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
holey smokes that is high dollar!!!
Grassman - It seems that the southern soils get depleted of Mg, Mn rather quickly - so repair as needed is a good thing and this product offers the ability to do so with out buying tech mag etc etc. which have a high cost.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!