Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-15-2012, 08:51 PM
ArTurf ArTurf is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ark
Posts: 1,941
Doc, While we're on this subject what do you think about this product.
http://lebanonturf.com/labels/3757002.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 PM
mrshanno mrshanno is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16
I'm certainly looking into going liquid as Ralmaroad and greendoctor suggested, but Arturf's granular looks like a possibility if that doesn't happen...

How does this one look?

http://www.contecdg.com/DG/Images/Pr...C178WMDG40.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-15-2012, 09:27 PM
grassmasterswilson grassmasterswilson is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: nc
Posts: 3,151
Since I'm on a granular fertilization schedule I usually fertilize 3-4 times a year(may-Aug or sept) at .5 lbs N per app. So we need to stay away from urea and potassium chloride. What are acceptable N sources to look for in a granular only fertilization program?
__________________
GrassMasters, LLC
Wilson, NC
www.grassmasterswilson.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-15-2012, 09:41 PM
ArTurf ArTurf is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ark
Posts: 1,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshanno View Post
I'm certainly looking into going liquid as Ralmaroad and greendoctor suggested, but Arturf's granular looks like a possibility if that doesn't happen...

How does this one look?

http://www.contecdg.com/DG/Images/Pr...C178WMDG40.pdf
This one has about 25% slow release vs. the lebanon is 70% slow. The Anderson has manganese which isn't bad but do you need it? It is a very fine granular as this is a greens grade fert. What is the cost of this? I would think the lebanon is better for a centipede lawn. The anderson is designed more for greens.

I agree you can probably get superior results with liquid. Do you have the equipment to accurately apply?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-15-2012, 09:53 PM
mrshanno mrshanno is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
This one has about 25% slow release vs. the lebanon is 70% slow. The Anderson has manganese which isn't bad but do you need it? It is a very fine granular as this is a greens grade fert. What is the cost of this? I would think the lebanon is better for a centipede lawn. The anderson is designed more for greens.

I agree you can probably get superior results with liquid. Do you have the equipment to accurately apply?
No, I would have to get the backpack, etc. which was why I was initially preferring granular. On second look, I agree the lebanon product would probably be better. I have access to the Anderson products, but not sure where to get Lebanon/Proscape products in my area.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:03 AM
greendoctor greendoctor is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 7,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
Doc, While we're on this subject what do you think about this product.
http://lebanonturf.com/labels/3757002.pdf
Fine for the rare lawn that needs P, K and micronutrient but absolutely no N.
__________________
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:05 AM
greendoctor greendoctor is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 7,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
Since I'm on a granular fertilization schedule I usually fertilize 3-4 times a year(may-Aug or sept) at .5 lbs N per app. So we need to stay away from urea and potassium chloride. What are acceptable N sources to look for in a granular only fertilization program?
Ammonium sulfate or MESA. I do not see ammonium sulfate as the primary nitrogen source very often. Almost everything granular has the very things that I do not ever want on any of my lawns. That is why I apply all liquid.
__________________
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-16-2012, 02:08 AM
greendoctor greendoctor is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 7,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshanno View Post
I'm certainly looking into going liquid as Ralmaroad and greendoctor suggested, but Arturf's granular looks like a possibility if that doesn't happen...

How does this one look?

http://www.contecdg.com/DG/Images/Pr...C178WMDG40.pdf
That is good stuff. But it is in the realm of the $30 and up bag of fertilizer. In my area, something like that is more like $60 per bag. It is a greens grade fertilizer with no coated urea and no potassium chloride. Nice stuff if you can afford it.
__________________
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 AM
ArTurf ArTurf is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ark
Posts: 1,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Fine for the rare lawn that needs P, K and micronutrient but absolutely no N.
I was going to use it with the other ferts we have discussed for the N and additional K.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-16-2012, 12:37 PM
kenwin30 kenwin30 is online now
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: arkansas
Posts: 87
i am down in south ark, i recently moved to a house with centipede, where do i buy the proscape 17-0-17 at ArTURF ?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 AM.

Page generated in 0.07995 seconds with 7 queries