Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-12-2012, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's crazy how much of a difference the 3 parts of Florida are. Here in north palm beach county(s fl) we are getting 46 tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2012, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Heck, outlying areas 10-15 miles from me routinely will be 20F when we never get below freezing.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Got down to 31 overnight, luckily the wind picked up from the NE just a bit and we are back up to 35 about 12 miles ENE of Port Charlotte.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

The weather in Florida is extremely prejudiced to location. We can have as much as a 10 degree difference within 15 miles, or rain across the street and bone dry on the other.

The Diamond is about 25 miles North of me and can freeze, while we haven't seen it touch freezing for about 20+ years.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

A glance on my front lawn this morning

Here is what my front lawn looked like around 7:00 a.m this morning. This will slow things down and make a good lawn turd more money
Attached Images

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The Freeze Missed my house and more than likely all my customers also. But I have a rule of thumb were I won't leave the house when it is 50 degrees or lower. I won't work outside in less than 60 degrees. OK you Yankees reading here can openly Laugh while crying deep inside because your are freezing.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

We had frost here at the house just north of Tampa. Traffic is lighter so I am assuming its too cold for even the snowbirds to make their way to the breakfast buffets. Early day, heading off to the fair. No Krispee Kreme donut burger for me thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2012, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Frost on the truck and grass here this morning. Got to the freezing point and I can tell my green bermuda grass turning color already. I was suppose to go run my route this week too, some yards I have not been to in 2 weeks. You all know what grass that is, lol, bahia. Well, at least its sunny and about 65 degrees out now.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by billslawn89 View Post
Frost on the truck and grass here this morning. Got to the freezing point and I can tell my green bermuda grass turning color already. I was suppose to go run my route this week too, some yards I have not been to in 2 weeks. You all know what grass that is, lol, bahia. Well, at least its sunny and about 65 degrees out now.
Bill

I am Thinking you don't live 5 miles from me, 10 at the most. Kind of shows how selective Mother Nature can be with her house cleaning.

I say House cleaning because freezes help control exotic pests like Tropical Snakes as well as Plants. BTW the USDA has reclassified Cold Hardiness zones and we are not suppose to freeze being Zone 10A.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Member

We just got back from vacation at Disney, and it was kinda funny to see people in heavy winter coats while we were in shorts and T-shirts on sat , and shorts and sweatshirts on Sunday. That was normal to us though it would be like the people north of us laughing at us for what we think is cold. We landed at the airport with a little snow on the ground and a wind chill of 17 sun night