Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-13-2012, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Here is what my front lawn looked like around 7:00 a.m this morning. This will slow things down and make a good lawn turd more money
If my next door neighbor had grass like that brown mess to the right I'd build a wall too.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblacktruck View Post
We just got back from vacation at Disney, and it was kinda funny to see people in heavy winter coats while we were in shorts and T-shirts on sat , and shorts and sweatshirts on Sunday. That was normal to us though it would be like the people north of us laughing at us for what we think is cold. We landed at the airport with a little snow on the ground and a wind chill of 17 sun night
Or Florida people laughing at you running around Naked in the Middle of Winter.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Or Florida people laughing at you running around Naked in the Middle of Winter.

Thats funny almost made me spit my pizza up
Old 02-13-2012, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
If my next door neighbor had grass like that brown mess to the right I'd build a wall too.
That is actually a conservation lot to the right of me, not that with the amount of foreclosures that we have had in recent years has not made me want to build walls around some of them. That conservation lot is suppose to increase the value of my home, however I have found that it is essentially a breeding grown for common Bermuda that wants to make its way into my St. Augustine.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Managed to get down to 32.5F No sign of any damage at my house. Well, couple of weeds in the Captiva got burned. Saw lots of burned bermuda around while driving. I'd like to have a couple more of these before it turns hot.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Managed to get down to 32.5F No sign of any damage at my house. Well, couple of weeds in the Captiva got burned. Saw lots of burned bermuda around while driving. I'd like to have a couple more of these before it turns hot.
be happy you got those temps....we only had 46 which does nothing to the grass and plants.....

at this time of year, i just dont see any more cold snaps happening...i hope i get proved wrong.....
Old 02-14-2012, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Member

last night in jacksonville, we bottomed out at 18 with frost. my yard turned back to mostly brown. its currently 32 with more frost in the forecast.whatever was still green will probably be brown tomorrow. was hoping for an early start to the 2012 season, but now i have to wait a few weeks for my lawns to recover. at least this last freeze might help with the mosquitos that have still been out, since we was below freezing for at least 12 hours.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
be happy you got those temps....we only had 46 which does nothing to the grass and plants.....

at this time of year, i just dont see any more cold snaps happening...i hope i get proved wrong.....
I believe the statistical no freeze date here is March 15 - so we have a possibility for another month. Don't see it happening but with the north having such a mild winter - they very well could get a cold front that hits us as well in March.

The last round from what I have seen has not did much damage. I am getting ready to leave the house for the first time since the freeze so I will see more today.

In edit. The best thing it has done for us is lower the ground/soil temp....soil is currently sitting at 59 degrees....not idea for our southern turf vigor.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!