Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2012, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui View Post
If any of you are interested in figuring your main competitors in your city, let me know your city, business name, and some main services you provide and I'll send over a free report
You go Canada, I was wondering if anyone could offer something helpful for the business owners.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Sponsor

Feel free to let me know if you require any help. No catch!

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddensLawnCare View Post
I thought we were becoming best friends lefet.... Jk. We could be Seo ignorant together. What a bond
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry Red, should a told ya!!

Quote:
If any of you are interested in figuring your main competitors in your city, let me know your city, business name, and some main services you provide and I'll send over a free report
Would you use the same thing as that serpiq thing? That looks to be quite neat. I'm going to check it out later today.

Quote:

Feel free to let me know if you require any help. No catch!

Have a great weekend!
That's mighty nice of you!!
Old 02-18-2012, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm going to be honest here. SEO experts seem to be the new snake oil salesman. There is one on every street corner all promising the same thing. The #1 ranking in Tampa has long been held by the same company. Up until recently a very cheesy website with a stick figure frog as a logo and not much content. How would you explain that?
Old 02-18-2012, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Not only would I like to posses this magical power, but I would also like to know how to eliminate the ones that exist...like on the business card cork board when you enter the grocery store... How do I become the Bruce Springsteen ad at the top?
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Sponsor

@Lefet - I actually use a variety of tools that are both automated and manual. The rankings listing I'm offering here will be specifically towards Google Places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefet View Post
Sorry Red, should a told ya!!

Would you use the same thing as that serpiq thing? That looks to be quite neat. I'm going to check it out later today.

That's mighty nice of you!!
@Patriot - Sorry that you've had that experience. To be honest, no SEO can guarantee you #1 spot, it's impossible. What an SEO CAN do is fight for high visibility for your keywords over time.

I'm sure there are snakes out there, but that's in every industry.

Can you share the site and I'll do my best to find out more for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I'm going to be honest here. SEO experts seem to be the new snake oil salesman. There is one on every street corner all promising the same thing. The #1 ranking in Tampa has long been held by the same company. Up until recently a very cheesy website with a stick figure frog as a logo and not much content. How would you explain that?
Cheers,
Rui
Old 02-18-2012, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

greenguygrass.com
Old 02-18-2012, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
greenguygrass.com
What search terms are you trying that they are hitting #1
Old 02-18-2012, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg8872 View Post
What search terms are you trying that they are hitting #1
Lawn, mowing, service, Tampa.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Having a phone number on a website is an invitation for 6 calls a day wanting to sell first place position, claim my google local place, we're google partners... I've started registering all my phone numbers on the "do not call registry".

What's to explain, nobody else put effort in to beating that site until recently
or maybe
it isn't as cheesy now and still is ranking #1 for what exact phrase? "landscaping Tampa" landscaping tampa fl, lawn care tampa, lawn care tampa fl.
Look at it like mowing equipment.
you can do the maintenance, plugs, filters, blade sharpening, your equipment runs and you stay in business,
or
you can outsource all or part of the work to the mower shop, your equipment runs and you stay in business,
or
you don't do any service or up keep on the piece of equipment since you got it, your equipment does not run and Mr. Stick figure Frog gets your business.

mr. stick figure Frog did more work than all the sites below him. He published more content on the internet. He got his links on more sites than everybody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFaced View Post
Not only would I like to posses this magical power, but I would also like to know how to eliminate the ones that exist...like on the business card cork board when you enter the grocery store... How do I become the Bruce Springsteen ad at the top?
Publish bigger and publish on more cork boards than the other guys.
Publish bigger- write more content on your pages, write more pages on your websites.

publish on more cork boards- have more websites, .com, .net, different keyword phrases, web 2.0 sites like squidoo or wordpress (free) the more content you put up are more signs for clients to find you and also gets you ahead of other competitors.

It's the same magical power that makes you money in your business, you work hard and smart and you make more money.
You got to get working though......

Tags
facebook , google , ppc , search engine , wordpress