Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-12-2012, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefet View Post
What is a "backlink"?
Backlinks are the key to your website, try to google it and check youtube for more detailed explanation. Then when you know the basics i will share on how i get my backlinks.

For example:
If i put my url from my website into my facebook page its a backlink, there are thousands of ways to get backlinks, and whats nice is that for a small niche like landscaping you don't need too many.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle of Oil View Post
Keywords: Lawn Care, Lawn Care Service or Lawn Service

City: North Canton or even Akron Ohio
if i would go for North Canton lawn care, this should be a peice of cake to rank for.
Before going into any details can you tell me if you have any experience with SEO, online marketing?
Old 02-12-2012, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Little to none. I currently have an seo plugin on my Wordpress that I'm still playing with. I managed to get to the number one spot in my area of 10k people but getting into the bigger area is a bit harder.
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 02-12-2012, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Little to none. I currently have an seo plugin on my Wordpress that I'm still playing with. I managed to get to the number one spot in my area of 10k people but getting into the bigger area is a bit harder.

Cool so this is what i would do, and you should do the same, have a few youtube videos with the title, North Canton lawn care, and tags, and some other related keywords, related to that town. Then find some blogs and comment on, then put your website, and for the name use North Canton Lawn care. Then try to write a few articles, this can be easy done by you, it doesn't have to be anything fancy.

For example the title should be like this:
"Best lawn care in North Canto". The article should be between 300-500 words. then take the article and submit it to articles directories there are thousands of them out there. A good one is Ezinearticles.com, Goarticles.com. Don't submit the same article to multiple sites.

Want another good tip??
Well go in the town and talk to some pizza owners and see if they deliver, and for every pizza that gets delivers have your business card o every pizza box, or even a small flyer. Work a deal with the owner, for example for every 1000 business cards, or small flyers pay him $100.

Btw check my tip using the QR code in case you're not using it.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Are you talking about the "All in one SEO pack" at the bottom of the wordpress pages? If so, care to share any tips for optimizing that?
Old 02-12-2012, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Are you talking about the "All in one SEO pack" at the bottom of the wordpress pages? If so, care to share any tips for optimizing that?
No i was not talking about All in one Seo pack, i used it before but not anymore, the theme im using it comes with built in SEO. However i can give you some tips an how to properly set it up, some time later.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentross09 View Post
Backlinks are the key to your website, try to google it and check youtube for more detailed explanation. Then when you know the basics i will share on how i get my backlinks.

For example:
If i put my url from my website into my facebook page its a backlink, there are thousands of ways to get backlinks, and whats nice is that for a small niche like landscaping you don't need too many.
Is there a way to find out how many backlinks you need to be up there in your area?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2012, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That would be great kentross, I was wondering which one Puddle of Oil is using. Since you mentioned it, what's the difference? Should I upgrade to an "all in one" package?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
Is there a way to find out how many backlinks you need to be up there in your area?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes there are software's the check can your competitors backlinks. I have shared some ways to get backlinks early in the post.Btw i just checked your lawnsite profile and i didn't see any websites listed. You should put you website and bc thats a free backlink. Like i said ealrier that are thousands of ways to get backlinks. And its very easy for small businesses.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Yep, I just type in some keywords in hopes it does something. I'm still learning how to do it, its not easy.
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures