The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-12-2012, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle of Oil View Post
Keywords: Lawn Care, Lawn Care Service or Lawn Service
City: North Canton or even Akron Ohio
I was curious, so I googled "Akron Lawn Care", and from my area (results can change based on your location), the lawn care site done by the company I used to work for came up first under the Map Links. They are pricey as all get out, but they do have people that eat/sleep/live SEO and I learned a lot in the years I worked there from their top SEO guy. I was only doing backend development and help with server management while there before moving to Columbus. (I did the backend programming of the Marketplace in your town, and three of their other company sites)

One thing they pushed big time (and we constantly saw it in results), the companies that were active in their SEO (content updates, blogs, social media) ranked great. Keep at it, it can be rough at first, but results for good working of the site will pay off!

-Greg
Old 02-13-2012, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg8872 View Post
I was curious, so I googled "Akron Lawn Care", and from my area (results can change based on your location), the lawn care site done by the company I used to work for came up first under the Map Links. They are pricey as all get out, but they do have people that eat/sleep/live SEO and I learned a lot in the years I worked there from their top SEO guy. I was only doing backend development and help with server management while there before moving to Columbus. (I did the backend programming of the Marketplace in your town, and three of their other company sites)

One thing they pushed big time (and we constantly saw it in results), the companies that were active in their SEO (content updates, blogs, social media) ranked great. Keep at it, it can be rough at first, but results for good working of the site will pay off!

-Greg
Would you like to tell us which website was it that came up?
Old 02-13-2012, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you have Firefox as your browser, you download "add ons" that can help you figure out your rankings or other website rankings. The add-on I use is "SEO QUAKE" simply web search it.
It also provides keywords of other sites and will provide stats of internal links, external links and back-links, darn near every stat you need for SEO.
It is highly addictive, if you love stats and numbers.
04 F350 Diesel
3 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
S185 Bobcat 2-Speed

Old 02-13-2012, 03:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentross09 View Post
Would you like to tell us which website was it that came up?
Well you tell me the first one that came up under the three sites for the map, and I'll let you know if I got the same one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringahding View Post
The add-on I use is "SEO QUAKE"
I run the same one, and true it gives tons of info! One suggestion though is to disable it (click on the main icon for it) when not actively using it. It grabs so much info can sometimes slow down regular browsing.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So this is the boxes that are at the bottom of my pages, on each one. How should I fill them out to maximize their use? Or maybe explain what each one means and how it affects the search engines.

All in One SEO Pack
Click here for Support

Title:

Description:
(characters. Most search engines use a maximum of 160 chars for the description.)

Keywords (comma separated):

Title Attribute:

Menu Label:

Disable on this page/post:
Old 02-13-2012, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentross09 View Post
Then try to write a few articles, this can be easy done by you, it doesn't have to be anything fancy.

For example the title should be like this:
"Best lawn care in North Canto". The article should be between 300-500 words. then take the article and submit it to articles directories there are thousands of them out there. A good one is Ezinearticles.com, Goarticles.com. Don't submit the same article to multiple sites.
This is the funny thing about SEO...it's constantly changing. To do the above will just be spinning your wheels, although refining your writing skills is one positive outcome. If you want to write something, submit it to legitimate sites, or use the content to round out your own site or related blog. The sites referenced above are what are known as "Content Farms" and were crushed by Google's algorithm changes a year or so ago. Just search Google Rank Content Farms and you'll get a brush up, as well as learn who you probably don't want to submit your work to.

http://searchengineland.com/who-lost...m-change-66173
Old 02-13-2012, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
This is the funny thing about SEO...it's constantly changing. To do the above will just be spinning your wheels, although refining your writing skills is one positive outcome. If you want to write something, submit it to legitimate sites, or use the content to round out your own site or related blog. The sites referenced above are what are known as "Content Farms" and were crushed by Google's algorithm changes a year or so ago. Just search Google Rank Content Farms and you'll get a brush up, as well as learn who you probably don't want to submit your work to.

http://searchengineland.com/who-lost...m-change-66173
unless your scamming, the basics are still the same since 2004
Old 02-13-2012, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The basics are the same, but if you are going to submit articles it should be original content.
This is for those who did not understand that last sentence, hey the first time I heard this, I did not know.

OC(Original Content)

OC is only from ONE - 1 Article submission. If you post an article on your website or blog, you better not duplicate that article and attempt to submit it to an directory. Google will slap YOU!

Article Directory

Ezine is great for TRAFFIC to your site and will give you an opportunity for a back link to your website or blog. They will also allow you to submit duplicate articles. If you read that last paragraph, then you know you better not do this!

The internet is changing hourly, keep that in mind and most likely someone has written an article on the same topic you want to or have.

So be creative--Google Loves that! Google also loves for you to connect with the customers that are searching for your services or products. This is why keyword research is so very very important.
04 F350 Diesel
3 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
S185 Bobcat 2-Speed

Old 02-13-2012, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefet View Post
So this is the boxes that are at the bottom of my pages, on each one. How should I fill them out to maximize their use? Or maybe explain what each one means and how it affects the search engines.

All in One SEO Pack
Click here for Support

Title:

Description:
(characters. Most search engines use a maximum of 160 chars for the description.)

Keywords (comma separated):

Title Attribute:

Menu Label:

Disable on this page/post:
look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMhrb3bZC7w. Search youtube and you'll find some good info.
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 02-13-2012, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you Puddle, that is very informative, it gives me a place to start.