Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If it wasn't for so many reports of less than perfect cuts and clumping issues with the VX4, I'd have bought an SZ this time around. I don't have to deal with the stuff you do, so the finished product is far more important for me.

I'd like to see your pics myself. It's always interesting to see how things are in other places around the globe, and what other LCO's there have to deal with. I really enjoy looking at Mick's videos and pics. Very interesting to me.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
If it wasn't for so many reports of less than perfect cuts and clumping issues with the VX4, I'd have bought an SZ this time around. I don't have to deal with the stuff you do, so the finished product is far more important for me.

I'd like to see your pics myself. It's always interesting to see how things are in other places around the globe, and what other LCO's there have to deal with. I really enjoy looking at Mick's videos and pics. Very interesting to me.
It's basically common sense, cutting on a timely schedule where you keep the clippings to a minimum, and you will be well pleased with the new SZ. Cutting overgrown limp blade moisture laden grass, and you will be much more satisfied with the cut of a Velocity Plus deck, especially if the TT is powered by a big block Vanguard. The SZ is more productive than the TT, but this is not a perfect world, if it were, Hustler would have a Scag Velocity Plus deck, and a closed-loop fuel injected big block engine powering their SZ. This would be as close to perfect as could be found in the zero turn world at this particular time.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
It's basically common sense, cutting on a timely schedule where you keep the clippings to a minimum, and you will be well pleased with the new SZ. Cutting overgrown limp blade moisture laden grass, and you will be much more satisfied with the cut of a Velocity Plus deck, especially if the TT is powered by a big block Vanguard. The SZ is more productive than the TT, but this is not a perfect world, if it were, Hustler would have a Scag Velocity Plus deck, and a closed-loop fuel injected big block engine powering their SZ. This would be as close to perfect as could be found in the zero turn world at this particular time.
Boy... That would be very nice. Why don't you email both companies and see if they would merge together for us so we can get a perfect machine.....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-30-2012, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
Boy... That would be very nice. Why don't you email both companies and see if they would merge together for us so we can get a perfect machine.....
Posted via Mobile Device
I talked with both companies and was given an answer from both that would match the description of this cartoon...For some reason they seem to act as if neither wanted anything to do with the other.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2012, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I talked with both companies and was given an answer from both that would match the description of this cartoon...For some reason they seem to act as if neither wanted anything to do with the other.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-30-2012, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Add the Husky quick connection bagger set up and the Gravely 400 isolated operator platform, foot pan, sticks, and engine cradle along with the air seat, 14 gallon tanks, all slung so low that the mower would stick to a wall, with Bad Boy swing out tanks, and optional colors to pick from! Starting to sound like Johnny Cash and the "one part at a time" song! We can build it. They will come.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Since we are talking about the perfect Z, I think you missed a couple of things, like- a fully enclosed cab with air filtration system, heat and AC, and a wiper. And oh yea, four wheel braking.
Hey, if they can put it on the WAM's, then why not on the Z's?

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 05-01-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:18 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimkill View Post
Yes Mick I will get some pics the next time we go out probably a couple weeks from now we are in a severe dry spell right now. Rain won't start until mid june, usually 100 days of dry then it poors the rest of the year. Ridin green Your right, but the hustler is alot tuffer. Some guys down here wanted to compete with me and so far one exmark landed in the river. Given that was operator problem. Then kubota's and husqvarna's owned by competitors are always down with major problems, so I got there jobs. Loving it! my work horse at the moment is the ferris but everybody preffers cut on hustler oddly enough.
Your weather sounds like my year! Its been a disaster for me! Just this last weekend had around 3 - 4" of rain. Last week lost around $2k in work ($700 in one day alone) due to rain and thats just one week of many wet weeks. Its been a nightmare for me that is for sure! Its hard enough economy wise without the added dramas of weather!

Anyway, I'd love to see what your mowing so bring on the pics!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I will post some picks in the next week or two. Like I said its the dry season work is sparce at the moment 3 resorts cancelled on me this week. Our dry season growth I believe is faster than most. Will send picks probably of a property we cut in the capital next week will be two weeks since last cut. I will start my own thread " Cutting in the third world". Thanks for all the input.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimkill View Post
I will post some picks in the next week or two. Like I said its the dry season work is sparce at the moment 3 resorts cancelled on me this week. Our dry season growth I believe is faster than most. Will send picks probably of a property we cut in the capital next week will be two weeks since last cut. I will start my own thread " Cutting in the third world". Thanks for all the input.
Dont mean to get off topic but what is it like where you are to live? I know some people getting out of USA and going to South America to try and run from the new owners that are taking North America over and gradually taking the whole world over.