Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-13-2012, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

My website is by plan it and I paid 100 bucks a page. I knew what I was getting because other wanted 3000 grand to start. It was great as a start up but now I am looking to have it completely redone to reflect who we are now. Going to use our own pics etc...

As far as the logo, I did not pay a dime for it. I found it online, tweaked it and had one of my ad guys clean it up for me at no charge as part of an ad campaign I ran years ago....

I have looked into getting an original logo done professionally....but I really don't have the stomach to pay to have everything relettered right now. Maybe in the near future but a new logo is going to run me thousands in truck lettering, uniforms, paperwork etc.....
Old 02-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post
Foe real! That happened to me with vista prints. How embarrassing!
These companies need to add some uniqueness to their designs for each client.
At Adeas we can make your design totally unique! Please give us a call if any of you need any printing. We are a family owned business in Kansas & we ship all over the country We have great specials right now & really awesome products.

CALL NOW & I CAN TELL YOU HOW TO CHECK OUT OUR GALLERY FOR LAWN & LANDSCAPING BACKGROUNDS, EMAIL ME YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION AND I’LL SEND YOU A COMPLETE LIBRARY OF OUR LAWN & LANDSCAPING BACKGROUNDS Also, be sure to request a sample packet so you can try our products out and see the quality for yourself…

Check out our video that explain how Band-It & Stick It work too!
http://www.adeasprinting.com/Door-Hangers

Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing
Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products
www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 204
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211
Old 02-13-2012, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf hokie View Post
not so different as my logo and wiedman logo...

good think we are far apart
haha thats pretty funny! i got the background to mine off some website that had thousands of different styles and then just put my wording in. I'm looking to get mine cleaned up some when I get my website done.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
I'd recommend you make sure it's very clear what "unlimited updates and changes" actually means.

As for the linking from their "high traffic directories to help with SEO", I'd ask for examples. I'd be very leery of such a claim. This is an instance where quality definitely beats quantity.
what would you consider a good price to pay a company to SEO your website?
Old 02-14-2012, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiedmann View Post
what would you consider a good price to pay a company to SEO your website?
I've managed SEO initiatives for every size company you can imagine, and there's no reliable way I could set an uneducated price. If you see a package price of sorts, and the SEO consultant knows nothing of the project, run for the hills.

The same goes if they offer you a guaranteed ranking. There are no legitimate guarantees in SEO. I could guarantee I'll get you a top 5 ranking, cash your check, get you there, but you also could be a top contender to get your site completely dumped from Google search altogether after you (and Google) find out what I did to get you there.

I'd recommend finding someone who knows your industry or is in your home region. Once you identify candidates, ask for reference sites that you can corroborate their SEO prowess claims with. (If you haven't used Blekko, search a site and hit the SEO link option on the bottom of each result and you can see some helpful data that can go a long way in explaining the results, such as what kind of backlinks they have.)

I know you asked for a price, but it's similar to someone calling you for a mulch job, mowing, or plowing. Gotta know what it actually entails before you can give a price. Anyone who doesn't, you should be leery of.

Clear as mud, no? lol If you want me to get any more specific on anything, feel free to follow up.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Member

I understand what you are saying. each companies price will vary. I had thought of using an online site to make my site but then started to look around at websites of some of the business I do work for and shop at in my area.. with that I found this local company that designs sites. I have a meeting with them in the morning to go over what I am looking for in my custom site and if I like what they have to offer they will start building it tomorrow. While talking to the rep he never promised to be in a certain spot on google or any search engine but did say they do all they can to get my site as high as they possible can which is what any SEO company would say I suppose.

I did some google searches of some of the sites they SEO and they did come up with many in the top 1 or 2 spots on the search in my area but who knows if they pay more than I do for their site to get worked on. I figure try it for a year, if I don't see results that I expect for paying $155 a quarter then I'll look elsewhere. I was just thinking having a website and being able to use it as tool on my post cards and door hangers this spring will be a benefit it self, let alone if I do get higher up on the search engines as time passes.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

One additional note on that, when you get the references, make sure they have already been clients for at least a year (A seo company that provides good results with reasonable prices have NO problem retaining long term customers). Remember SEO isn't a "do it this now and forget about it" deal, or even a "this worked for this site, so it works for every site" one. Even if the SEO company is training their clients, there is always updates.

I just checked out Blekko, pretty cool, added to my toolbox ;-)

-Greg