Register free!

Old 02-14-2012, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

What Would the Charge Be?

What would the Charge Be? That is the question. You must Trim both these washies - the photos give you a idea how dirty they are to start. You must hual away the debris because of the large amount. The owner simply wants the cleaned up to allow no yellow or brown fronds...no need to clean up the trunk. You should be able to determine the amount removed from the color of the trunk
So the question is what do you charge?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:45 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
What would the Charge Be? That is the question. You must Trim both these washies - the photos give you a idea how dirty they are to start. You must hual away the debris because of the large amount. The owner simply wants the cleaned up to allow no yellow or brown fronds...no need to clean up the trunk. You should be able to determine the amount removed from the color of the trunk
So the question is what do you charge?

How far to the dump and do you have a truck/trailer that'll haul the debris?

I'd charge $90 to clean both, plust trip to the dump and tipping fee.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

No less than 250 my price
Old 02-14-2012, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
How far to the dump and do you have a truck/trailer that'll haul the debris?

I'd charge $90 to clean both, plust trip to the dump and tipping fee.
So you are at $45 a tree with a additional charge for dump fees. Dump Fees I would say can vary from location to location as the Dump fees on this project were way higher than normal because of the location of the closet dump. So lets exclude the dump fees just your charge for trimming and removing to your trailer = whats the charge? . What would you guys charge? Waiting on others answers.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesimoes2 View Post
No less than 250 my price
Hmmmm - another Yankee landscaper wacking the hell out of my palms .....I am going to have to pass Yank! HA

Old 02-14-2012, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
So you are at $45 a tree with a additional charge for dump fees. Dump Fees I would say can vary from location to location as the Dump fees on this project were way higher than normal because of the location of the closet dump. So lets exclude the dump fees just your charge for trimming and removing to your trailer = whats the charge? . What would you guys charge? Waiting on others answers.
They're not that dirty, we'd clean up both in under an hour and have the stuff loaded. A Sthil MS190 (now 192) makes quick work of those. $90 bucks, plus the trip to the dump and tipping fee.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Member

The company i work for right now is charging 75 a palm tree to trim them up and haul away ..we just did 96 at one location we used an electric boom lift (not the right peice of equipment for the job took way to long for set up) but needless to say...75.00 a palm and i have to say that is a fair price...if you think about the time it takes and the expense of the tools and man power and insurance and the whole picture ..thats a fair price..and i really do not care that it will take 30 to 45 minutes for two palms with clean up..1 poll saw 600.00 bucks ...just sayin..hope this helps.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
They're not that dirty, we'd clean up both in under an hour and have the stuff loaded. A Sthil MS190 (now 192) makes quick work of those. $90 bucks, plus the trip to the dump and tipping fee.
True but think about this - the property owner allowed them to get this bad - so instead of paying for a service to keep neat - they felt the need to allow them to get this out of hand and then call you...you going to let that slide?

Old 02-14-2012, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01thump View Post
The company i work for right now is charging 75 a palm tree to trim them up and haul away ..we just did 96 at one location we used an electric boom lift (not the right peice of equipment for the job took way to long for set up) but needless to say...75.00 a palm and i have to say that is a fair price...if you think about the time it takes and the expense of the tools and man power and insurance and the whole picture ..thats a fair price..and i really do not care that it will take 30 to 45 minutes for two palms with clean up..1 poll saw 600.00 bucks ...just sayin..hope this helps.
Valid points. The use of a pole saw does make quick work of it indeed. This took roughly 25 minutes of trimming and maybe 25 minutes of clean up, but if I had not invested in that pole saw which as you stated runs around $6 beans - then it would of took much longer. I am entitled to make money off of my investment correct?
I would say $75 a palm that is high enough that you have to use a cherry picker or JLG lift is a outstanding deal and am assuming that price is because of the volume of trees you guys did - should this person get charged less because they have less work? I personally feel that they should pay more because they allowed them to get this bad....they should of hired a lawn turd to take care of on a more routine basis is my opinion if they wanted a smaller charge.
Anyone else out there want to inform us what you would charge? Anybody???????

Old 02-14-2012, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Are they your clients? Or is it a one time deal?