Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-19-2012, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

IMHO it would be less labor to remove those trees than to trim them correctly with a complete debooting.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post

IMHO it would be less labor to remove those trees than to trim them correctly with a complete debooting.

What is everyone's obsession with debooting this poor guys down here? Does it serve some purpose other than cosmetic? I simply think if they come off freely then great but pulling and cutting off boots to make it "more appealing" to you does not make much sense, it is protection for the tree and if it did not want them it would let them go.

Am I missing something or is there a reason behind this or is this just one of those things like crepe myrtle's getting their little heads wacked off?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-19-2012, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Cosmetic and less places for pests to nest. It looks bad when you spend time cleaning up a customers yard and next day more boots are littering it up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-19-2012, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
What is everyone's obsession with debooting this poor guys down here? Does it serve some purpose other than cosmetic? I simply think if they come off freely then great but pulling and cutting off boots to make it "more appealing" to you does not make much sense, it is protection for the tree and if it did not want them it would let them go.

Am I missing something or is there a reason behind this or is this just one of those things like crepe myrtle's getting their little heads wacked off?
Mikey

Keep Reading.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Member

The right equipment makes easy work of these. I would not try using a ladder and silky. A bucket truck and a chipper allows you to do these for less and still make more money.

I am stunned to see the attitude of the op. No wonder we all get a bad rep. That is pure crap work
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-19-2012, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalTree View Post
The right equipment makes easy work of these. I would not try using a ladder and silky. A bucket truck and a chipper allows you to do these for less and still make more money.

I am stunned to see the attitude of the op. No wonder we all get a bad rep. That is pure crap work
Posted via Mobile Device
Average LCO isn't going to have a bucket and chipper. If you do have that equipment you won't be charging 25 a tree either.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device
Some of these guys are insane and will stretch their butts on trees like that.

I'm with you, bucket. We pass on work like that because we don't have the equipment to do it right. There's some work you just don't want.

Also, Patriot is right, those trees need to be de-booted.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Average LCO isn't going to have a bucket and chipper. If you do have that equipment you won't be charging 25 a tree either.
Posted via Mobile Device
No person that services trees here is without a lift and chipper. The ones that will do the work without those tools are unlicensed, uninsured and cash only. Leaving debris curbside is also not allowed, so whatever is cut down must be disposed of. Which is why palm tree service is not cheap here.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 02-19-2012, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes Yes, I know you do not do anything ever but pure true perfect works right....you and every lawn turd on LS here with there stories about how they never do anything but perfect work and adhere to perfect standards....even if that means your profit is less than perfect because you are a good lawn turd right? There is most likely a thread somewhere on here talking about how each lawnturd on here makes perfect stripes too....why don't you go tell them about your top notch work there?

As for me.
This owner wanted the trees trimmed. I had wasted my time to go to the property and give a bid during a off week. I took a swing on what price I thought the owner would go for and they took it. I took there money and walked away with them being happy. Did you think that owner was expecting Disney after waiting that long to have it trimmed? Do you think that is where his standards are??????

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mike~ so what your saying is you met the guy in the middle? Did as much as you could for what the customer wanted to spend?
Posted via Mobile Device