Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-23-2012, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r&dlawncarellc View Post
what did you do to revive those knockout roses? thanks
Proper trimming was the biggest thing that we did to start, the previous LCO was trimming with a hedge trimmer.....we use felco's . Then we took over the fertilization and pest control. They get hit with 8-10-10 or 8-2-12 Lesco ornamental and Palm fertilizers once a quarter. In between they are sprayed with two products, each a Micro nutrient package as well receiving cupro, bifen, dominion and recently for thrip season here we applied safari.

The key to roses is to keep the pest and mildew off them and feed them more often by spoon feeding them at least down here as they will provide blooms almost the entire year if properly trimmed and feed.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Here are some more also shared and taken specifically for another thread about cutting St. Augustine tall. All these properties are being cut at 5 inches and I think you will agree that it is thick and heatlhy.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Here are some from today. All St. Augustine was cut at 5 inches.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/470640_470437306304494_100000146856528_1984723_1281531086_o.jpg">

Old 05-24-2012, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

A few more from today

AND DIAMOND - this one is for you....I know it is not a reel mower but not bad for a rotary huh? Zoysia cut at 2.5

Old 05-24-2012, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Those St. Aug yards are beautiful.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-24-2012, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mike

I don't think empire cut with a rotary looks bat at all. I've cut it before with a 21" @ 1.75-2" and it does look good. BUT, the reel is totally different. That empire looks good....why not try cutting @ 2"?
Old 05-24-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Mike

I don't think empire cut with a rotary looks bat at all. I've cut it before with a 21" @ 1.75-2" and it does look good. BUT, the reel is totally different. That empire looks good....why not try cutting @ 2"?
That one is actually a neighbors property that I take care of from time to time as it is across from one of my neighbors that is a actual year round account so I just simply cut for him when he is out of town and follow his current cut heights.

I do not think it looks horrible either but would like to cut with a reel and think there may be a eventual market for it here but we will see.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Those St. Aug yards are beautiful.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks. Several of those I have been working with the home owners for several years on getting them to set the irrigation timers correctly as well as getting them to use my company for PCO (subbed) on the lawn. A couple of them have fell off the wagon for a while and attempted a Tru Brown or Scotts and I had to hit them over the head and get them back in line.

Over alll the homes pictured are there because the home owner has learned to appreciate my advice or help which makes me feel good when I pull up each week and see the results. I would like to take credit for it all but I simply cut the turf and make suggestions, it is the PCO's that keep them well feed and weed and pest free and the home owners who agree to pay me so all that can happen...but all the same I appreciate them making and keeping my working space as nice as possible.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Roses

Here is the roses we installed a few weeks ago that were pictured a few pages back. As you can see they are finally settling in to their new home really well.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Couple that I took today - cut at 5 1/4 inches.