Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-03-2012, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Here are some photos from a sod install we are doing this week. Sod will be finished Thursday as it was 26,000 square feet of sod, we installed the gravel along with the pavers surrounding all the beds and as a trim on all the rock.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

nice work. for some reason i really like the way the gravel looks around the drainage that goes under the driveway.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 07-03-2012, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
nice work. for some reason i really like the way the gravel looks around the drainage that goes under the driveway.
The homeowner was really set on doing something around the drainage areas, we settled on this and I must say I think it does look attractive. We will be maintaining this account so not having to worry about mowing and trimming that area will be a big bonus IMHO, we shall see.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

So there has been some debate on my suggested cutting height of St. Augustine. Well it is now July and the heat is on and the cutting height makes all the difference.
The picture I am posting here is a picture of two lawns, both are treated by my L and O sub, the one closet to the camera is the lawn I cut, the one further away is the one cut by another LCO at the common 4 inch recommendation, mine is cut at 5 inches. One is deeper darker green. Why would that be since both are treated by the same L and O , Both lawns are the exact same age, both were cut within two days of each other.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good. Been cutting all SA at 5" for quite a while now. I see the same thing as in your photo.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

St. Aug looks good. Been cutting all my st.Aug yards on the highest setting my walker has.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-12-2012, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

is the pic of the yard you maintain before or after you cut it?? doesn't even look cut.. I bet it will still be nice and green at 4.5 inches and you will be able to tell it was cut real easy
Old 07-12-2012, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

where are you getting your plant materials these days also.. I need a 15 gal viburnum I can't find anywhere right now.. gallon-age isn't as important as I need it 5-6 ft tall
Old 07-13-2012, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
I like gravel accents like that too. I'm tired of boring grass framed in cement with no visual interest.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlcare2 View Post
where are you getting your plant materials these days also.. I need a 15 gal viburnum I can't find anywhere right now.. gallon-age isn't as important as I need it 5-6 ft tall
I'd say get the 2.5 gallons and have a little patience. Vib's seem to grow a foot a week this time of year. I've never seen them that big at the nusery, I'm guessing that's why.