Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-05-2013, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Before

After

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Got the truck window tint installed this week.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Got the truck window tint installed this week.

Like that window Michael!!! I just ordered some vinyl lettering for my truck to match our other truck. Not as nice as your window though. Is that the only lettering on the truck?
Old 05-11-2013, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
Like that window Michael!!! I just ordered some vinyl lettering for my truck to match our other truck. Not as nice as your window though. Is that the only lettering on the truck?
For now. I did even think about having the back cab side windows done until I was up there having this installed. They will be getting done in the next week or two I hope if he can get them designed and printed in a timely manner.

I figure it offers something different than the regular old magnetic signs on the side and might draw a little bit more attention especially given the color choices. I was tickled yesterday driving around to give estimates knowing that I was advertising the whole time as well.

The trailer is in the works right now too. Even though they are open trailers I have some ideas that are different that he feels will work and help it stand out and scream look over here.

I am throwing a good amount into marketing and branding. I was fortunate enough to have a stellar year last year and am on my way again this year so I figure I would put some of that money to work for me as I could of kicked myself in the tail for investing more into the company this past tax year.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Project

Here is the latest project. Zoysia lawn. A couple years old. Not empire for sure, we are still wondering what cultivar it is as the blades are very very thin even in the green areas. Obviously the lawn has not been getting enough moisture. We have set the irrigation for him to get it recovered. The CPO did the first treatment today and used a moisture agent to help retain the moisture with the app. He is estimating in a couple of weeks the lawn will be green and on its way to a recovery. The lawn is only 1800 square feet. We are approved to remove and install 1200 square foot of lawn if we need to after attempting to recover it first. We are thinking we will be able to get it recovered well enough that the home owner will see the progress and be ok with letting recovery continue to occur vs installing sod. Anyway here are the photos.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

More

Old 05-17-2013, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think you got a Zenith seeding attempt there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2013, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I think you got a Zenith seeding attempt there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Is Zenith readily available in sod down here? It was established from sod not seed according to the owner. It is has a really really fine leaf texture Some moron along the way installed about 4 pieces of Bermuda on the side of the house too. I am pretty sure I know what is going to win that race but back to the zoysia - very fine - my guess from what was not in total drought stress at the time of the photos is more along the lines of Diamond or one of the pristine's from my understanding of them. We will see when it is all recovered.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Here are some photos taken during the first cut. Mowed at 1.5 inches and debris crazy.