Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-28-2013, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Here are some more recent photos of the Zoysia renovation pictured in the last few weeks. We have made good progress in my opinon. What are your guys thoughts? If it had been St. Augustine we could of gotten a lot more spread and fill in, but it has not been my experience that zoysia is as aggressive. This cultivar seems to take its time for sure.

You would be surprised how fast you can get a fill in. We verticut and sanded a diamond zoysia lawn and after 2 weeks it was practically filled in. If there is a lot of thatch(which im sure there is) you need to remove and topdress. It has to look bad before it can look good.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Ornamec seems to do well with getting Bermuda out of Zoysia the blades lighten and curl a little but it recovers fully. I'm really learning a lot of neat tricks from the CPO I'm studying under.
Posted via Mobile Device
Combine Ornamec and Turflon Ester then there is even less collateral damage to the zoysia, more damage to the bermuda.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 07-28-2013, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
You would be surprised how fast you can get a fill in. We verticut and sanded a diamond zoysia lawn and after 2 weeks it was practically filled in. If there is a lot of thatch(which im sure there is) you need to remove and topdress. It has to look bad before it can look good.
That is why the lawn professionals in Hawaii do not hold back on cutting zoysia down and dethatching it. I might be asked to do just that to about 1/2 acre of Emerald Zoysia. I found yet one more way for a zoysia or bermuda lawn to get too thick and tthatched over. It happens when there is too much clearance between the reel and bedknife so the mower only chews off the tips of the leaves rather than shearing it down to the correct height. Illiterate yard men that go through the motions of mowing without actually getting the job done.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 08-02-2013, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post

It is spreading for sure.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

So here is the newest project I picked up today. We have essentially a open budget, just make it right. Irrigation audit starts Monday. We have Control over irrigation, fert and squirt of lawn and shrubs(monthly applications) , we have permission to fix whatever and charge it to card or to invoice as we feel necessary.

We will be reel cutting front section behind gates and back entertaining section by pool...everything else we will use Hustlers on. If homeowner sees what he wants out of the reel cut, he has agreed to purchase us a 48 inch gang reel so that we may use on his property. Gang Reel will covey with us, we take it with us as owner does not want stored at the property.

It will be a project for sure. Once irrigation is fixed...we will start making progress. I will try to remember to post updates as I can but as it is already August, I do not expect great results any time soon although the irrigation that there currently is a failure , so anything is possible.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
So here is the newest project I picked up today. We have essentially a open budget, just make it right. Irrigation audit starts Monday. We have Control over irrigation, fert and squirt of lawn and shrubs(monthly applications) , we have permission to fix whatever and charge it to card or to invoice as we feel necessary.

We will be reel cutting front section behind gates and back entertaining section by pool...everything else we will use Hustlers on. If homeowner sees what he wants out of the reel cut, he has agreed to purchase us a 48 inch gang reel so that we may use on his property. Gang Reel will covey with us, we take it with us as owner does not want stored at the property.

It will be a project for sure. Once irrigation is fixed...we will start making progress. I will try to remember to post updates as I can but as it is already August, I do not expect great results any time soon although the irrigation that there currently is a failure , so anything is possible.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Old 08-16-2013, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Old 08-24-2013, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

One of the newer accounts that we picked up recently.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

It is getting there. We have came a long long way and so far everyone is happy with the results.