Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-09-2013, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

One of my newest purchases

Had a neighbor who i mowed his yard for free for two weeks while he was sick give me a deal on his truck that he was the only owner of. Garage kept, mint condition with 73k miles on it. Cost me all of 3k . Karma works wonder sometimes.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 10-10-2013, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Good deal on that F-1fitty!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-11-2013, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallihergreen View Post
Good deal on that F-1fitty!
Posted via Mobile Device
I thought it was a great deal. The gentleman that owned it took such good care of it that I almost feel bad adding it to the work line up. He kept it in the garage its whole life here in FL and the outside is honestly pretty flawless especially considering the age.
The only thing I wish was different it it does not have power windows (first world problems) and the bench seat does not recline like my other 150 and I am tall ...so I feel stiff when I change trucks.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-08-2014, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

A install we did on the 23rd of December ...nice Christmas Extra 15 yards of mulch and the install in the front.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Landscape Poet, first off, i am very impressed with your work! I am from Ky so much of your work is quite new to me because of different climate, etc. I am interested in your trailer that you had earlier in your thread that i read about: if i'm not mistaken, it was a 5x12. I am looking to replace my old 6x12 with another newer, nicer 6x12 and am wondering whats going to be the strongest set-up i can buy. (i will run 2 mowers on mowing days, and when landscaping, ill haul mulch, dirt, gravel, etc.) Tell me if this sounds good to you: I'm thinking a new 6'4"X12' trailer with a 2 5/16 coupler with a 5,000lb axle. is this pretty much what you had with a slight width difference? i love your setup and would like to basically match it lol. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty's lawncare View Post
Landscape Poet, first off, i am very impressed with your work! I am from Ky so much of your work is quite new to me because of different climate, etc. I am interested in your trailer that you had earlier in your thread that i read about: if i'm not mistaken, it was a 5x12. I am looking to replace my old 6x12 with another newer, nicer 6x12 and am wondering whats going to be the strongest set-up i can buy. (i will run 2 mowers on mowing days, and when landscaping, ill haul mulch, dirt, gravel, etc.) Tell me if this sounds good to you: I'm thinking a new 6'4"X12' trailer with a 2 5/16 coupler with a 5,000lb axle. is this pretty much what you had with a slight width difference? i love your setup and would like to basically match it lol. Thanks!
Thanks for the compliments. Yes my first trailer was in that 5x12 area. The trailer you mentioned is going to be a good all around trailer if you ask me. I think one solid single axle is the way for me as I do not have two sets of tires to wear through and where I live tolls can be a huge factor and single axle means less tolls.
For that reason a single heavier axle trailer works for me, but it does not mean it fits every ones needs. I will also advice you that if you are looking at doing lots of dirt and gravel work , it may be worth looking at a traditional two 3500lb axles for the extra little bit. Mine cost me a little more because it is customer , built low for no issues loading and unloading the mowers on either gate (side gate also custom). Shoot me a PM when you make your choice and post some photos, I will be interested in seeing what you end up with.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Thanks for the compliments. Yes my first trailer was in that 5x12 area. The trailer you mentioned is going to be a good all around trailer if you ask me. I think one solid single axle is the way for me as I do not have two sets of tires to wear through and where I live tolls can be a huge factor and single axle means less tolls.
For that reason a single heavier axle trailer works for me, but it does not mean it fits every ones needs. I will also advice you that if you are looking at doing lots of dirt and gravel work , it may be worth looking at a traditional two 3500lb axles for the extra little bit. Mine cost me a little more because it is customer , built low for no issues loading and unloading the mowers on either gate (side gate also custom). Shoot me a PM when you make your choice and post some photos, I will be interested in seeing what you end up with.
Thanks for the reply man! When I make my decision I'll make sure to let u know! I'm still trying to feel my way through the business, so I feel like I've got a good amount of options to choose from. Thanks again! Have a great prosperous 2014!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2014, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

This is a 21 K celebration bermuda lawn that we took over late fall. It is new to being cut sub 4 inches. What is pictured here is from today, we are in the 1.75 inch ranch. It has a lot of spreading to do, but the potential is there. The cooler temps this spring have not helped move it along. I am hoping to see a huge transformation by June and even more so by September but we will see.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's going to be gorgeous when it warms up a bit more. Spoon feed it and a good dose of iron rich minors it should come out like carpet.
Posted via Mobile Device