Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-17-2012, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Not sure if you cold tell from the pictures Chris...but that is Empire being maintained at 3 inches...the lawn is less than 2.5 years old...notice how much thatch came out? This people will learn to pay for it to be mowed properly or they will keep paying me for verticutting. I am fine with either!
3 inches is way too high. I would try to sell them on reel cutting, and cutting with a 21" with bagged at 1.75-2" max. I'll take some pics of an empire yard that I cut and you will see what the reel cut looks like...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2012, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
3 inches is way too high. I would try to sell them on reel cutting, and cutting with a 21" with bagged at 1.75-2" max. I'll take some pics of an empire yard that I cut and you will see what the reel cut looks like...
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes Please do....I am looking into that as a niche market here ...not sure it has the legs it needs here...but still looking just in case.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Yes Please do....I am looking into that as a niche market here ...not sure it has the legs it needs here...but still looking just in case.
People just don't know the difference until they see it. It's the difference bt top round and filet
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2012, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Just random photos - some new some old more to come as I will use this to post random photos for properties we care for, installations, etc etc. The usual stuff.

First up - Random Photos of the Trailer. Everything has it's place on my trailer. Nothing is on the floor besides the Mower tires!
The trailer looks like it has a flat. Or is it maybe too much weight on it? Nice setup though.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival

Went to the Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival today and got a couple of interesting photos today that I thought I would share.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Here are the roses that I mentioned and provided a photo of earlier. As mentioned the previous LCO was wacking them with a hedge trimming instead of pruning them . They are not perfect YET but they are well on their way to being very healthy again which if you look at the previous photo is important since they are the focal point surrounding the driveway.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

This is a lobster roll from my new favorite brew house. That is a lot of lobster meat and the roll is outstanding.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:57 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Cut myself yesterday morning. Like a real man I ensured my work was done until I went to get stitched up. As I type this I am doing so without the use of my right pointy finger.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Install that was done Thursday of this week 04/05/12 Seville is the the cultivator.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

04/03/12 install