Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2012, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Member

crab grass

What are you guys using to control weeds in Floratam. I've had very little luck with what i've found to be available both for killing crabgrass and dollar week
Old 02-17-2012, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

follow the link & ask again

http://lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
Old 02-17-2012, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddriver6 View Post
What are you guys using to control weeds in Floratam. I've had very little luck with what i've found to be available both for killing crabgrass and dollar week
jddriver

You wouldn't try and Drill & Fill your own teeth so why try technical skills without any training. Hire a professional L&O provider with a License & Education to do the job right.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
jddriver

You wouldn't try and Drill & Fill your own teeth so why try technical skills without any training. Hire a professional L&O provider with a License & Education to do the job right.

Be nice Ric, he's a cherry.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
jddriver

I can't stop laughing. That was hilarious.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2012, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Member

The problem is I have licensed operators that spray the properties but weeds emerge in the interim and my clients pay alot for there lawn care and want me to keep track of things like that on a weekly basis. I've sprayed Atrazine but I know with the new EPA guidelines the concentrations have been reduced greatly. And Floratam is very sensative to most pre emerge and post emerge herbicides.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
The problem is I have licensed operators that spray the properties but weeds emerge in the interim and my clients pay alot for there lawn care and want me to keep track of things like that on a weekly basis. I've sprayed Atrazine but I know with the new EPA guidelines the concentrations have been reduced greatly. And Floratam is very sensative to most pre emerge and post emerge herbicides.
jddriver

You are not licensed to spray lawns so the weeds are not your problem. By spraying without a license you not only take a change of killing a lawn or getting fined by the state. You are also stealing from those who are licensed by taking their work.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Get a better CPO. Remember it's your reputation too if you referred the customer to them.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lucky that the CPO is nothing like me. I say this because homeowners, their "landscapers" or yard people putting anything other than their feet or a lawn mower on the lawn without checking in with me and the account is fired. The irrigation controller is also under my control as well. Someone setting that to under water or over water.....fired. On the other hand, I do hold up my end of the deal. There is no such thing as certain weeds left in the lawn because I cannot control them. Correction: will not control them because the protocol to do so costs time and money. It might mean applying some expensive products more than once, but if that is what it takes, I am doing it.

I am with Patriot Services, find a better CPO. But prepare your customer. A good one is not cheap and the way he works would be similar to how the soup nazi on Seinfeld ran his restaurant.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 02-18-2012, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Lucky that the CPO is nothing like me. I say this because homeowners, their "landscapers" or yard people putting anything other than their feet or a lawn mower on the lawn without checking in with me and the account is fired. The irrigation controller is also under my control as well. Someone setting that to under water or over water.....fired. On the other hand, I do hold up my end of the deal. There is no such thing as certain weeds left in the lawn because I cannot control them. Correction: will not control them because the protocol to do so costs time and money. It might mean applying some expensive products more than once, but if that is what it takes, I am doing it.

I am with Patriot Services, find a better CPO. But prepare your customer. A good one is not cheap and the way he works would be similar to how the soup nazi on Seinfeld ran his restaurant.
Comparing yourself to the soup Nazi, that's hillarious from your posts it is a great analogy, too funny. Guy called me yesterday looking for a quote on tree work, I told him I would be right out to take a look. He then says he has four other guys coming and will be going with the lowest price. I told him the work could be done correctly or cheaply but rarely both and I wasn't interested......no quote for you!