Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-12-2012, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC LAWN CARE View Post
Guess that's a good case for keeping a bunch of tools with you. I never used to keep a 1/2 socket set with me...now I do LOL. Just took once.
I argued for years that there was no need for battery powered impact wrenches but a year ago I bought a sears unit. Real nice for this type of situation. And I have a tool box with every wrench you would need to get a unit going I kid Jimmy at McCoys that he has $3000 worth of tools and if he would just check out my box of tools he could save big bucks. Over the years I figured out just what tool is needed and got the rest out of the box.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

$300 for the tire? I pay $70 for my carlyle turfmaster.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
$300 for the tire? I pay $70 for my carlyle turfmaster.
A 4 ply t ire 24x12x12 for $70 bought where? Best price I have seen is $95 to $125.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We had a new floor put in our 10 year old closed trailer. We had a platform for those blowers but it wasn' t very permanent. Gota get those gas cans out of the back of the truck. Tubes are for rakes.
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2012, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The first picture shows those antlers that all the weld shops in our area use with E track for hanging trimmers. Got a big rain last Monday and then I did a bonehead thing and got the turf tiger hung in a bog. I learned how to run two machines.
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2012, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I argued for years that there was no need for battery powered impact wrenches but a year ago I bought a sears unit. Real nice for this type of situation. And I have a tool box with every wrench you would need to get a unit going I kid Jimmy at McCoys that he has $3000 worth of tools and if he would just check out my box of tools he could save big bucks. Over the years I figured out just what tool is needed and got the rest out of the box.
LOL. One of these days I am going to fork out the bucks and get a Milwaukee 1/2 inch impact for my set. Ya i need to thin my carry around tool box...it weighs at least 30-40 Lbs if not 50 or 60. Weighs a little less than a full orange jug of water.
We have gotten mowers stuck so many times (mainly at our house) that its not even funny. Usually we get them out with a 4 wheeler or truck.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC LAWN CARE View Post
LOL. One of these days I am going to fork out the bucks and get a Milwaukee 1/2 inch impact for my set. .
I am still pretty happy with the Sears impact that sellsf for around $120. I am sure the Milwaukee would be better quality but aren't they pricey? Are you getting a lot of rain in your area? We have been fortunate that we got a fair amount of rain each month since October. Now the tough part of our season starts with the 90F stuff next week.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I am still pretty happy with the Sears impact that sellsf for around $120. I am sure the Milwaukee would be better quality but aren't they pricey? Are you getting a lot of rain in your area? We have been fortunate that we got a fair amount of rain each month since October. Now the tough part of our season starts with the 90F stuff next week.
The bare tool runs 170 new...the kit with battery/case/etc runs 360. Worth every penny...450 ft-lbs of torque.
Rain is hit or miss. Its still dusty and we are still recovering from the drought. Every company is growing like a weed here...with the rye coming in early and everything looking bad from last year a ton of new landscaping and sod is going in. The humidity has been killing us...I almost lost it on Friday. Need to keep my electrolytes up. I can tell you this much...its weeded out the good and bad guys that we have looked at hiring. I just need some more accounts right now to float some bills.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

New trailer picked up today--
Old 06-06-2012, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

photos here--just needs some mods inside and lights worked on-
Attached Images