Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
New trailer picked up today--
Any details?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb195 View Post
Any details?
$2500-new tires and pulled a total of about 400 miles--the people stored junk inside it for the last 8 years
Old 06-08-2012, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

These irrigation blowouts on these HOA just keep coming and coming. We was working in this area and everything was fine. Went home for lunch and get an a call on our emergency network that water is rushing down the street. Since I was closest to area I went over and shut down the water. Then we had to turn on some rotors in the lowest spot to get the system to start draining. It took us four hours to locate the problem. We ran into the gas line and two electrical lines. An elbow had slipped off the end of a telescopic expansion joint and one end was inside the conduit crossing the roadway. He had to dremel the conduit while trying to avoid hitting the supply line inside. Somebody had made a repair on the line at an earlier point. My first idea was to reglue and pour concrete to support the elbow. The irrigator wanted to know if I was out of my mind. My second idea was to take the expansion device apart and put on the new part so we
could glue the elbow. I was advised to go home and rest up for the closure
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2012, 03:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
The first picture shows those antlers that all the weld shops in our area use with E track for hanging trimmers. Got a big rain last Monday and then I did a bonehead thing and got the turf tiger hung in a bog. I learned how to run two machines.
Ed have you ever tried the Green Touch Extreme Series string trimmer racks? It's the best rack for getting your trimmers in and out quickly. Much better then the crude E Track.

I noticed your No Spill can has a broken spout. If you call the company they will send you a complete new spout for free. No Spill has had issues with several different versions of it's spouts and one was the subject of a recall.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 06-09-2012, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
Ed have you ever tried the Green Touch Extreme Series string trimmer racks? It's the best rack for getting your trimmers in and out quickly. Much better then the crude E Track.

I noticed your No Spill can has a broken spout. If you call the company they will send you a complete new spout for free. No Spill has had issues with several different versions of it's spouts and one was the subject of a recall.
Thanks for the info the new trailer will have to be outfitted and since we aren't welders we want to go another route. those spouts split and blow off....none stay on out of about 20 cans we got.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Thanks for the info the new trailer will have to be outfitted and since we aren't welders we want to go another route. those spouts split and blow off....none stay on out of about 20 cans we got.
Call 913-888-9200 and the lady who usually answers the phone will send you new caps with spouts. The first caps they made split after 10-12 months. I think the second generation caps split as well. The third gen caps had issues with the spouts cracking and splitting. The fourth gen caps seemed problem free and now I think they are on the six gen of caps.

Even though the cans spouts had some issues the customer service has more then made up for the past problems.

Even with shipping I was recently able to buy my cans on Amazon for cheaper then I could locally. On six cans I think I saved at least $25.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 06-10-2012, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
Call 913-888-9200 and the lady who usually answers the phone will send you new caps with spouts. The first caps they made split after 10-12 months. I think the second generation caps split as well. The third gen caps had issues with the spouts cracking and splitting. The fourth gen caps seemed problem free and now I think they are on the six gen of caps.

Even though the cans spouts had some issues the customer service has more then made up for the past problems.

Even with shipping I was recently able to buy my cans on Amazon for cheaper then I could locally. On six cans I think I saved at least $25.
Thanks a lot that is really good information. I used one today and I had tie wrap holding it in place but it still dripped because it was split.. Thank you.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am concerned that my flower beds have peaked out too early. Wondering if you can top periwinkles? What would you guys do if you seen a homeowner had obviously thrown his brush over the wall into the greenbelt area?
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Putting a tool box on top of the cage isn't a bad idea. Nice looking little trailer but it would seem single axle might have been better.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2012, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Where did you get your pump and how much was it? I have been looking for a rechargeable battery pump like a dewalt brand or similar but cannot find one.