Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-11-2012, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Might just have to make those changes we are considering putting propane on ours. It is a 48" unit. If we get our use up we can get delivery and lower prices beyond the $1.80
The 48 comes with good 20x10.5 tires but I would ditch the weights, pad, and platform ASAP.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 10-12-2012, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am switching away from Carlisle tires for Pro Tech. These are the ones for my Turf Tiger. My first impression is the ride was better and traction on holding ponds was improved. Also putting them on trucks and trailers. Better price point. Getting them from lawn repair shop.
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2012, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I guess the chev has a pretty good ride this coffee cup stayed up there the entire day. As you get old you forget where you sit stuff down.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2012, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The same kind of stuff happens to me and I am not even 20 yet lol.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Yep. I've done it a lot. I've left my phone/wallet on the toolbox plenty of times. They just hang on until I notice or get to the next place. One day I won't be so lucky. lol!

'04 Silverado
77"x12' Trailer

John Deere Z-Trak 737
2 Echo SRM-225 Trimmers
Husqvarna 125BT Blower
Echo HC-150 Hedge Trimmer
Echo CS-370 16" Chainsaw
22" Toro Recycler
More to Come Soon!

My Website: www.hartsellelawncare.com
Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

For the better part of the month I have been working on my deplex to update it a little bit. It is over 30 years old and.......finally paid off. I replaced all the rotten wood and then hand painted the unit.... Kinda funny the new renter is an irrigation guy for a big company. He has been with them for over 20 years.
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2012, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Need a little advise regarding what kind of blade to cut this king ranch bluestem stuff. I am running a mulch blade with minimal lift. I was thinking about going back to a scag blade but need help and which one to buy. Those blaldes cost so much I don't want to make a mistake. I know I can't use same blade when I am mulching and that is okay. This area is not cut but monthly but on our weekly cuts this stuff has to be double cut.
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2012, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The problem is you have a lawn mower not a wiry weed cutter. The seed heads are very strong and no matter what blade you have some will lay down and require double cutting. A sharp blade with the type of fine point you get with a Magna-Matic sharpener will work best.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 10-21-2012, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
The problem is you have a lawn mower not a wiry weed cutter. The seed heads are very strong and no matter what blade you have some will lay down and require double cutting. A sharp blade with the type of fine point you get with a Magna-Matic sharpener will work best.
This is just about the worst stuff I have cut. I see these guys up north using a scag in some tall stuff and the cuts are pretty good. I am using an angle grinder for sharpening and sharpen it every 10 of use. Those Magna Matic cost so much money. I never had much interest in them because I used a lot of wavy scag blades.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Sponsor

Hello All,

Just a note:

We are the only sharpener manufacturer that can maintain a 30 degree angle on both conventional flat straight blades, and curvy wavy mulching blades.

Keep in mind "expensive" is a relative term. As compared to a Murray or Yard Machine at Wal-Mart a SCAG is very expensive. However they are two very different tools and made for two very different duty cycles.

If you are looking for repeatable - consistently ground lawnmower blades to provide the healthiest and most quality cut every time for your customers then Magna-Matic balancers, sharpeners, and cleaners are the tools required.

Keep in mind about the price, we are USA MADE - that includes the motors, grinding wheels, all the components we manufacture that are made in the USA by Magna-Matic. We don't just assemble here, we acutally make the product in the USA, and use as many American vendors as we can. We also support everything we make 100%, and you can call and get direct answers to your questions.

So yes there are $40 angle grinders from China at every big box store, but that is not what Magna-Matic is.

OH - BY THE WAY - If anyone will be attending GIE+EXPO we'll be at booth 4031 - come for indoor demonstrations, and great deals.

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp