Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-21-2012, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna-Matic View Post
Hello All,

Just a note:

We are the only sharpener manufacturer that can maintain a 30 degree angle on both conventional flat straight blades, and curvy wavy mulching blades.

Keep in mind "expensive" is a relative term. As compared to a Murray or Yard Machine at Wal-Mart a SCAG is very expensive. However they are two very different tools and made for two very different duty cycles.

If you are looking for repeatable - consistently ground lawnmower blades to provide the healthiest and most quality cut every time for your customers then Magna-Matic balancers, sharpeners, and cleaners are the tools required.

Keep in mind about the price, we are USA MADE - that includes the motors, grinding wheels, all the components we manufacture that are made in the USA by Magna-Matic. We don't just assemble here, we acutally make the product in the USA, and use as many American vendors as we can. We also support everything we make 100%, and you can call and get direct answers to your questions.

So yes there are $40 angle grinders from China at every big box store, but that is not what Magna-Matic is.

OH - BY THE WAY - If anyone will be attending GIE+EXPO we'll be at booth 4031 - come for indoor demonstrations, and great deals.

Thank you,
Not going to show this year but if I was I would have brought a set of blades
for you to sharpen. I would like to see how much better the cut would be. But boy $600 + to get started that is steep. Didn't know you could handle wavy blades....scag type?
Old 10-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Sponsor

Hello All,

Do try and get to the GIE+EXPO at least once - it's a great show because the manufacturers exhibit. Not like regional shows where they just send a dealer to man the booth. At GIE+EXPO you can visit with SCAG employees, sales execs, etc , or the mower brand of your choice.

And the show is huge.

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 10-23-2012, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna-Matic View Post
Hello All,

Do try and get to the GIE+EXPO at least once - it's a great show because the manufacturers exhibit. Not like regional shows where they just send a dealer to man the booth. At GIE+EXPO you can visit with SCAG employees, sales execs, etc , or the mower brand of your choice.

And the show is huge.
We went last year but 1000 miles is a little out of our range for yearly trip. The weather hurt things last year wet and cold. I think they ought to move a little further south where most of that equipment is used.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The BMW dealer near us has now bought the two lots immediately across from our lot. They are in the process of tearing down the two homes so they can expand their mini-cooper inventory. There is another lawn businees that is on thier side of road that operates 5 closed vans. He is next to the parking for the employees and that is overflow all the time and they line
the streets. In the last picture you can see my trailer ...And we thought we got the perfect place now...taxes will go up big time.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2012, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

For those of you that work on big lawns here is the sitluaton in our area. In some cases you can get a 36" unit in but in some you got to have a 21".
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2012, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

chose to not bid this one due to the need to walk on the patio gazebo
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2012, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

more of the same....looks really nice
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2012, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Huh? i'll bet that gets good gas mileage
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2012, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

From time to time I hear people talking about how flat Texas is so here are a couple pictures of the hilly part of Austin.
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
We have three converted.......and I was told yesterday that we can get $5000 to convert 5 more as long as they have less than 300 hours on them.
So since we don't have any that fit that standard I think we are going to buy a new V-ride and put propane on it. We need to get our trucks converted. Oh and price of propane dropped to $2.20 in our area.
is it really worth running propane? How much do you save? Do you still get the same power?