Old 02-20-2012, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark Navigator vs Walker comparison

Old 02-20-2012, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't forget who paid for this commercial
Old 02-20-2012, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Rumor has it that Exmark has yet to sell out of it's original production run of the navigator and will discontinue selling them if they ever do. Nice try Exmark! Many have tried to copy a Walker but nobody could beat it.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Member

also walker has passed 100,000 made and navigator what 2 dozen
Old 02-20-2012, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't own either but it's funny how the guy refers to the walker as the yellow mower and they have a beat up one. I would never buy a walker, but it looks like the Porsche of mowers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2012, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

personally i don't like either one of them. we used walkers when i worked for another company in college. i like midmount ztrs much better. mid mounts go faster, are more compact, handle slopes better, and the controls are easier to use. i can't stand the foot pan area on the walkers and navigators. it's like your feet are on a narrow metal bar all day long. the midmounts have a flat floor pan.

Last edited by weeze; 02-20-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I actually like the Navigator a lot more. Walker just has a huge headstart with marketing. The Walker maintenance is way too much. If Exmark sold the Navigator at a good price it would have grabbed a market share. Both are way overpriced.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Mid mounts and walkers both have there place. Mid mounts are great for big open areas (more commercial applications) but for higher end residentials I don't think anything beats a walker. Not saying a navigator is bad. I haven't used one, but I love my walkers and they give me no reason to even consider trying a navigator, from cut quality to reliability
Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
personally i don't like either one of them. we used walkers when i worked for another company in college. i like midmount ztrs much better. mid mounts go faster, are more compact, handle slopes better, and the controls are easier to use. i can't stand the foot pan area on the walkers and navigators. it's like your feet are on a narrow metal bar all day long. the midmounts have a flat floor pan.
Not trying to start a debate here nor try to talk someone into buying something they don't want. Just wanted to throw out a little FYI to the "mid mount" lovers. Walker has come a long way from their old days of just doing the best job of bagging a lawn slowly. If you haven't tried a Walker Super Bee yet you may be missing out. I've used my share of mid mounts in my 26 year career and none of them have been able to handle hills, cut under obstacles, or maneuver as nicely as a Super Bee. Sure I've seen mid mounts go faster and tear grass but the Super Bee is pretty fast too. The mile or two per hr. that it's lacking is more than made up by it's maneuverability and it's out front mow design. It's rear discharge/mulching combo deck is pretty slick too. I own two of them now and have been extremely impressed with them. It doesn't cost anything to demo one...
Old 02-20-2012, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemower View Post
Not trying to start a debate here nor try to talk someone into buying something they don't want. Just wanted to throw out a little FYI to the "mid mount" lovers. Walker has come a long way from their old days of just doing the best job of bagging a lawn slowly. If you haven't tried a Walker Super Bee yet you may be missing out. I've used my share of mid mounts in my 26 year career and none of them have been able to handle hills, cut under obstacles, or maneuver as nicely as a Super Bee. Sure I've seen mid mounts go faster and tear grass but the Super Bee is pretty fast too. The mile or two per hr. that it's lacking is more than made up by it's maneuverability and it's out front mow design. It's rear discharge/mulching combo deck is pretty slick too. I own two of them now and have been extremely impressed with them. It doesn't cost anything to demo one...
To back up what your saying I have heard that the super b is a superb (no pun intended) mower. As for the other walkers with the ghs there a great mower. I like the controls better than a midmount and I like the menuverabilty better to. They deffinatly have there place. I just wish I owned one!

As for the navigator from what I have seen they dont cut as well (stripe wise) but it seems to handle the same ( I demoed one just didtn cut with it)