Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Got my new 52 today. All I can say is awesome. Added plus is my old alum. bag fits the new machine.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS0219 View Post
Got my new 52 today. All I can say is awesome. Added plus is my old alum. bag fits the new machine.

How deep is the deck? Any pics
Old 06-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Sponsor

New Gravely Pro-Stance

The NEW Gravely Pro-Stance units are available:
Models: 48", 52" and 61" Kawasaki / 52" Kohler EFI model
For additional information: http://www.gravely.com/stand-on-mowe...s/default.aspx

To locate your local Gravely dealer: http://www.gravelymower.com/locator

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravely Commercial View Post

The NEW Gravely Pro-Stance units are available:
Models: 48", 52" and 61" Kawasaki / 52" Kohler EFI model
For additional information: http://www.gravely.com/stand-on-mowe...s/default.aspx

To locate your local Gravely dealer: http://www.gravelymower.com/locator

Thanks.

How Deep is the deck?
Old 06-21-2012, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its the same deck as the old 52" except now it has scalp wheels
Old 06-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
How Deep is the deck?
Can you please clarify what you mean by deep? If you are referring to the depth from the top of the deck to the bottom, it is 4.53". If you are looking for a different measurement, please let us know.

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Member

does it have the xdz deck.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Is there going to be a 34 inch model.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well Gravely. Seems you have a lot of explaining to do. I realize you have a new model and it is going to have some quirks, but lord almighty you have to be kidding me.

I walked into just one of my local Gravely dealers with 8k in hand just in case your machine was worth taking home that day.

#1. Half of the machine sitting on their display floor was covered with oil, hydro fluid and some other weird grease.

#2 What is this foot operated deck lift you speak of ? There is not one on the 48inch deck machine.

#3 After fiddling with the pull knob that controls the deck, along with the right side arm lever to pull the deck up and down, I almost ripped my arm off trying to use the deck raising lever. It was definitely not working correctly or was already broke. The sales guy was completely oblivious and knew nothing about the machine.

#4 The little gold looking bar on the left of the driver station that controls moving the speed bar forward or back was totally whacked out of straight and was almost completely unusable therefore making it impossible to change the speed lever.

#5 The 2 plastic knobs that loosen to let the operator pad down to access the rear of the machine honestly have to have been engineered by a 3 year old. They were both completely worn down and had already left a mashing/destructive indentations on the beautiful red paint. The plastic knobs are to small, very weak, only a matter of time before you get a million complaints. They were both uneven and smashed into the groove that is supposed to only let the bolt end go through. Really Gravely?

#6 The outer lip around the bottom of the deck (nose guard/deck edge protector) was so uneven and wavy there were at least 10, 2 inch or so sections
that the gap between that edge protector was a minimum 1/8 to 3/8 sticking out from the deck itself. Again, looked like a 3 year old bent and welded that piece. REALLY GRAVELY?

#7 You state on your website a top speed of 9mph. After we got the speed bar actually set farthest forward, using my garmin gps and my cell gps, we got a whoping barely 6mph out of the machine. REALLY REALLY GRAVELY?

#8 That Kawasaki FX691V engine from the moment he started it up, until I shut it down after a 15 minute inspection ride smoked more blue smoke than the space shuttle challenger. Checked the oil, was within acceptable limits, mechanic checked the filter etc.. seemed fine. What gives Gravely?

#9 Rode the machine back into the mechanics bay. Shut it off. besides the smoke billowing from the pipe, now the right side caster fork was leaking like a sieve. REALLY REALLY REALLY GRAVELY?

I was so utterly disgusted with my first initial viewing and had such high expectations, I never even intended to actually drop the deck and cut some grass with it on their front acreage. To worried what the machine may have done to me or the sales guy and mechanic watching if I would have engaged the blades.

If you respond or anyone else on this site for that matter and try to tell me this is a one off machine that came off the line bad, I'll know your full of absolute bull$hit. My pictures and video I took of that horrendous example of your "New Pro Stance" has a lot to be desired.

Fastest way to lose a sale and a new customer you ask?
I think I just summed it up.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Sponsor

XYZLawnPros:

We sent you a private message and are working to get to the bottom of these issues. We will reply when we get the details of the situation.

Thanks.

Gravely