Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-29-2012, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveparrott View Post
The grease we (and others) use (Sanchem No-oxID) is well known as for its exceptional long-term stability and corrosion prevention properties.

As for our S8 sockets, even when used with prolonged exposure to the extreme temperatures of halogen lamps, failures are extremely rare.
Your facebook icon isnt working for me. Do I have to be logged on to facebook to view?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Sponsor

Steve,
I just wanted to say that I think you add a lot to the forum and that your posts are often packed with quality info. I have not seen your webinar on LED but I am sure it is the same.

Sincerely,

Alan

Quote:
You also have to be concerned with how these high temperatures affect the phosphor coating - increasing color temperature as they age.

High temperatures also reduce lumen output as they heat (this is apart from how the high temps reduce L70).

This is why we believe that for consumers to get the maximum long-term benefits of LED technology they need to invest in solutions where LED's have a good thermal path to the fixture body.

I understand the need for retrofits to replace lamps in existing fixtures, but I hope that as lighting professionals we are encouraging homeowners to replace their fixtures with integrated LED models when a good retrofit solution is not available. And, for new installations, making integrated fixtures the first choice.

For those who want to learn more about our reasoning, I suggest you download our hour-long LED webinar (if you haven't already done so) - just register and log in through our website and you can download the webinar.
Quote:
If you're testing MR-16's, be sure to project them on a white board and look for evenness of color across the beam. Be on the lookout for pink or green tints (a sign that the chip is far off the black-body locus - poor binning). Also look at the edges of the beam for brownish color (a sign that chips have low quality phosphor coatings). Also check for evenness of illuminance, some lamps project unwanted hot-spots or striations (signs of poor optics).

If you can, you should check for EMI problems. Set the fixture near a garage and try the garage door opener remote near the fixture.
(813) 978-3700
alanb@voltlighting.com
www.voltlighting.com

Factory Direct Outdoor Lighting