Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-27-2012, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscraper1 View Post
I agree with you on the CD. Last thing I would do is invest in Cd's or stocks. I actually don't keep much in any bank or other accounts. I have always invested in real estate or reinvested into the business.

As for hiring someone to take on more responsibilities, I have a problem with. I had a manager I trusted, steal thousands from me and a partner in the LC business that kept us in the red for many years. It's now that I have been on my own for the past 7 yrs that I have built a profitable business. So, other than my wife, who runs the office full time, I have trust issues.

I do like your idea of a consultant. I may look into that. Thanks.
My sense is that both you and your partner probably learned a lot from that experience and wouldn't let yourselves get into a situation like that again.

I can't stress enough how important it is for you to hire a small business consultant who has experience with legacy issues and selling. You're hardly the first person to have built a company over many years and want to minimize their involvement or sell out to retire and move on. The right person may cost $5,000-$10,000, so be ready for that. But their understanding of the issues you're facing will make that money well spent and will let you sleep at night knowing you're doing the right thing for you.
Posted via Mobile Device